Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to ApneaBoard—Question about processes
RE: New to ApneaBoard—Question about processes
(11-17-2019, 08:26 PM)Geoffrey Wrote: The pulmonologist sends a prescription to the DME and then they send out a respiratory therapist.

Ok, tell them that if they are not bringing a NEW ZERO HOUR ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her to not bother coming.  And ask when they will be there.
Post Reply Post Reply
When my wife was prescribed CPAP, the order was sent to the DME and they were going to drop the machine at the house. I called to ask what they were packing. After a few vague answers the told me it was a Philips System One Auto which was already discontinued at the time. I told them to bring the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, or don't bother knocking. That's what she got.

If you don't take control, they will, and hat usually means you don't get what you want.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, take charge of the situation, tell them which machine to supply or they needn't bother to show. Best to ya
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow all the advice above, but you might be able to get your doctor to cancel the electronic prescription and give you a physical prescription.

My doctor’s office was about to send off a prescription and I told them DO NOT send it and that I would pick it up. They were quick to point out my having to pick up reports, but I was just as quick to let them know I was going where I wanted and getting what I wanted.

Even if you can’t get a hard copy of the prescription to have in hand as leverage.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you John
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice from all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the accumulated Apneaboard wisdom on the ForHer algorithm? cathyf 2 710 04-03-2022, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Smile [CPAP] Diagnosis + prescription = Frustration... ApneaBoard + experimenting = Salvation! OldVet 8 2,451 11-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  Finally! Somebody is posting a battery/DC power thread to ApneaBoard! OMyMyOHellYes 3 3,822 06-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Today is my One Year Anniversary on Apneaboard Forum SaldusMiegas 11 2,657 04-13-2016, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  ApneaBoard Appreciation Thread H2Daddy 1 1,516 03-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Last Post: truetopath
Thumbsup ApneaBoard.com move to new server a SUCCESS SuperSleeper 4 3,512 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Rritch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.