Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
Wcsleep - Therapy Thread
I cannot quite tell what is going on here. I have my AHIs below 5, generally (id prefer to have them lower) but notice that I am getting some CA events.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/c301bab0-9bfe-42b5-ad6a-4858258e697f[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting OSCAR data
Hi Wcsleep. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your image hasn't attached properly, so these instructions might help...

Format your screenshot: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Attach your screenshot to your post: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Hope this helps - please ask if you're still having a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
help interpreting OSCAR
[attachment=14001][attachment=14002]

I've been using my CPAP regularly (finally, after a long time accepting it and getting used to it). I have made some adjustments with my doctors help (she actually taught me how to go into machine and change settings). Now that I am under 5 events/hour I am considered successfully treated, but I see on my data that I now have some CA events. I dont even know what to make of the additional information and I am hoping that I can get some help to see if I am on the right track. I am attaching two recent nights report.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need help please. New to this
Hello,
I’m not sure why I’m not getting any responses to this post. I believe the data was formatted properly but perhaps there’s not enough data? Would someone please advise me? This looks like a great source of information.
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help interpreting OSCAR
I think you just need more pressure
I would raise the min pressure to 9
I would raise the max pressure to 20, to get it out of the way. Then get a chart up.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Please see the link below for organizing your data. We like to see the flow rate graph and deleting the pie chart makes more data available. It looks like your doing pretty well. Don't worry about the small number of centrals right now. They are fairly common when someone starts therapy (treatment emergent) and usually go away with time. Also, we tend to hold our breath briefly when we change position and that may be the cause.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since your hypopneas appear in groups and not distributed throughout the night, I'm guessing that they are caused by your sleeping position. . . Probably chin tuck.  Hypopneas are also an indication that your lower pressure is too low.  Since your are using a Flex mode, you have two choices. 1. Turn Flex off or, 2.  With the Flex on, you can bump up your lower pressure a little at a time until the hypopneas disappear.  I wouldn't jump more than 1cm at the most each time.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hello,
This is an incredibly useful forum; thank you for your feedback so far.  I am on a learning curve about posting charts here and hope I've gotten the above ones into a useful form.  I have been putting off posting because I am still not sure I have the format right, but I really do need help badly so here I go.

I have used my CPAP for about a year, adjusting pressures, masks etc.  I thought I had found the right formula and then suddenly a few weeks ago I began to wake up in the middle of the night after about 3-4 hours sleep- wide awake and had no reason why. 
I then took a look at my Oscar data and it looks like I have few OAs now and more CAs.  I'm pretty concerned about this and I really don't know what is going on. Is this related to my middle of the night wide awakeness?  
I cannot say I feel terrifically better using my CPAP and often desperately need short a nap in the middle of the day.
My AHIs have gone down since I raised my lower pressure. But now my range is 9 to 10 which seems a bit odd. 
Please, any advice you can give me.  Let me know if I need to post more charts, or in a different way. 

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
you might get some suggestions for how to arrange your graphs. meanwhile the first thing you can quickly do to improve your screenshots is to turn off the pie chart: file/preferences/appearance/ uncheck pie chart box at right. that will make more statistics data visible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please arrange your graphs and format your chart as described in the link below. First, delete the pie chart as explained in the link. Then arrange your graphs in this order from top to bottom: event flags, flow rate, pressure (not mask pressure), leak rate, and snores. That will provide the data most useful to us to advise you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.