Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Bipap auto
New to Bipap auto
Hello everyone. I’m new here. I’ve been on Bipap( Dreamstation Pro) for about 5 years now. When the doctor wrote the prescription , the recommended pressure was 13/9. That was December 2017. Over the following months I adjusted the pressure myself because I was still suffering some bad episodes of apnea. After some experimentation I finally set for 12.5/14. I sleep fairly well and my AHI is almost always under 1 ( a lot of times under 0.5) 
My only concern is I have to sleep on my left side    otherwise I still have episodes.
Recently, Phillips finally sent me a replacement machine ( because the recall). I was very excited to find is a Bipap auto because I thought I finally will be able to get rid of those remaining apnea episodes. And now the reason of this post.
I’m not very familiar with these machines. I have an idea of how they work but I’m a little confused about how the min/max pressure support works and how to get the maximum benefits in my case.Should I change the pressure? So far It’s still 12.5 /14 but I set the machine to auto. It shows pressure support 1.5 (min/max) what it is? What should I do?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Bipap auto
Fernando, you can request the clinical manual which details the functionality and settings of these machines. Just follow the link for Setup Manuals at the top of this page.

The BiPAP Auto has the ability to set a minimum and maximum EPAP, and PS, which is the difference between IPAP and EPAP. With the BiPAP-S you were settled in on 14/12.5 pressure, which would be the same as EPAP 12.5 and PS 1.5. Not sure how you got to those settings, but we usually raise EPAP to address obstructive apnea, and increase pressure support or raise IPAP for flow limitation, hypopnea and snores. It sounds like you have decreased pressure support from 4.0 to 1.5, and I'm not sure why. Strongly recommend you download the Free OSCAR program so you can better visualize your therapy and share some charts on the forum. I am going to suggest some settings for the BiPAP auto based on the history you related.

Mode: Auto B
EPAP min: 9.0
IPAP Max Pressure 14.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 3.0

These settings will acquaint you to the auto BiPAP in a narrow range. If you download OSCAR, we can evaluate the results and decide better where to go from there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.