Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP
RE: New to CPAP
Great thanks, let's see what tonight brings. I am away now until Tuesday so I will report back next week. 

Thanks again for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Well after a few mixed nights of being hooked up last night went back to being really bad and I am not sure why. I was away in the mountains for a few days walking but I was home last night, I followed the advice of the sleep physio and would take the mask off when I was struggling to get back to sleep because of stopping breathing and forced oscillation waking me. Last night was the longest I had of being hooked up, its been gradually increasing an hour or so each night as I am getting more comfortable with the mask.

I am seeing the physio toady so I will be interesting to see what is said, once again if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at the below and letting me know your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated. Interestingly I note that I am also snoring since fixing the pressure, is this normal?

[Image: ZBibiVL.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your mask leaks and CA's have a direct correlation. I wonder if the machine is misreading them.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks are inconsequential. You have very severe central sleep apnea, and need different treatment. We discussed ASV previously. Start making arrangements for the appropriate studies, prescription or equipment acquisition. CPAP not only does not work, but it may be worse than no treatment at all. Be aware that bilevel or BiPAP/VPAP without backup will not improve your condition. Don't waste time with any of those solutions.

Your central and complex apnea can no longer be attributed to adapting to CPAP therapy...Get the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,

That's a good point, lets see if anyone else thinks the same.

I have seen the physio now and she has adjust the pressure to 7-10, she was actually very knowledgeable about the different machines and said if they need to change they have no issues in giving different machines to suit the patients requirements. First though they want a few more weeks on this machine to settle in and she wants to see me again in two weeks, they said its quite common for new users to show different signs in the beginning and then it settles down ( not sure myself). They also said they would want to do another sleep study first, which I am not surprised about.

my only concern is I feel more tired now than before, I appreciate this is really par of the course but its a pain lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

I would suspect from the many threads I have read and the articles you gave me you are spot on! it seems like we have to tick the boxes here too before they will move on with other treatments. One concern I have is she said they disregard any events under 10 seconds, is that correct? Also as we thought they didn't want the sleepyhead reports only the Resmed ones (which I understand as its what they are used to) I do fear though that I am in for a long haul as its 4 weeks until the doctor will see me again and then another sleep study!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume you have the ResScan software installed, so that is fine and exactly what I would expect of them in making therapy decisions. Your most recent results tell me that this is not a matter of adapting to the therapy, but rather even with very simplified settings, your central apnea is going to continue with CPAP. Your results on July 27 were an exception, and I can't explain that one, but everything else you have posted suggest moderate to severe complex apnea that is not responding to the current therapy. It's not like we are seeing a gradual or consistent improvement.

I recommend you continue to generate ResScan reports and submit them weekly so you are on their mind. You will survive another month of this ineffective therapy, but it would be better if they are not allowed to forget you are suffering with that bad decision.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have the software they download from the card when I go and evaluate whilst I am there. Good idea though to pop the results in as even though she was unfamiliar with sleepyhead she asked to keep the reports to look through and compare to the resmed software.

Once again I appreciate the input and lets see what the next couple of weeks brings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow this link to get ResScan for yourself. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 09:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Follow this link to get ResScan for yourself. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Super !! Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.