Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP...
New to CPAP...
Hi!  I've been using a Phillips dreamstation for about a month now, and have only just learned about this forum.

For me, things are going pretty well other than spending way more time than I'd like finding a mask that fits me and my sleep habits.  Currently I'm using a Phillips Amara gel, and I'm pretty happy with that.  I had tried a ResMed F30i and I like it better, but apparently I have a really long nose, and the mask causes discomfort at the end of my nose.  I had also tried a Phillips FitLife, and while I like the concept, I could not get the thing to seal at all.

Other than wondering about whether my settings are good, my only real problem right now are headaches - I wake up with an ache which goes away after a little but I'm not really happy about having an achy head every morning...  Does anyone have some tips for that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP...
Welcome to the forum.

Your numbers are ok so we start working on comfort.
Increase your min pressure to 8 and let's see if that helps your headaches.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gosh that was a quick response!  I will try changing the lower pressure up to 8 - I did notice that I don't seem to spend much time at 6.  I also changed last evening the A-flex from 2 to 1.  I think I understand the purpose of a-flex, but I do not seem to like it much.

BTW and on another subject - I'm a linux user, and used to be a halfway decent programmer, in the time before they were called developers!  I'm impressed with OSCAR, and would like to know if there is opportunity for volunteers to help with furthering the program?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon what is the reflexion behind 8 of min pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:19 AM)chickgreen Wrote: I had tried a ResMed F30i and I like it better, but apparently I have a really long nose, and the mask causes discomfort at the end of my nose. 

What is the size of the cushion you tried?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:57 AM)chickgreen Wrote: Gosh that was a quick response!  I will try changing the lower pressure up to 8 - I did notice that I don't seem to spend much time at 6.  I also changed last evening the A-flex from 2 to 1.  I think I understand the purpose of a-flex, but I do not seem to like it much.

BTW and on another subject - I'm a linux user, and used to be a halfway decent programmer, in the time before they were called developers!  I'm impressed with OSCAR, and would like to know if there is opportunity for volunteers to help with furthering the program?
Absolutely,  
We are always looking for volunteers.  EVERYONE working on OSCAR is a volunteer.  PM me and tell me a bit more of what you would like to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the medium at first, and then tried a large for the F30i - My headgear is large (too large) and may be a bit of the issue, as I tend to leak a lot with the large mask.

I may in the future get a smaller headgear piece and re-try the F30i - I really like the vent arrangement, as it forces the air across my face before venting as opposed to a vent in the elbow.  But currently when I et the medium situated so that it does not leak, I get a less than comfortable fit at the tip of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you tried the medium frame with medium cushion and the large frame with large cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:45 AM)biorn Wrote: So you tried the medium frame with medium cushion and the large frame with large cushion?

Large frame on both.  I'm afraid I was mislead my the size - when I shop for motorcycle helmets, I need an XXL...  Apparently all people with Apnea have huge heads, so a medium headgear would fit me better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya the large frame is giant.

But the longer of your nose shouldn't be a problem with the M cushion. Just the width could be.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.