Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - Advice Welcom
New to CPAP - Advice Welcom
I’ve recently started using a Resmed AirCurve 10S.  I normally sleep on my side because my wife told me I gasp frequently and snore loudly when on my back, the gasping never woke me up though.  I knew I needed a sleep study to determine the issue but never got around to it.  Unfortunately, I have what seems to be a chronic shoulder injury and I must now sleep on my back.  Due to all the COVID-19 virus issues where I live it is very unlikely that I can get a sleep study anytime soon.  A friend gave me the CPAP machine and I have used it for the past 2 weeks.  I simply left it set at the same levels that they were at when it was given to me to get some initial data.  I’ve been using a full mask as sometimes I breathe through my mouth at night.  I do have a nasal mask that I could use.  I’ve attached a summary report and statistics report from the ResScan software from the past 2 weeks of use.   I would be very appreciative of any advice on revising the settings as well as any other observations from the data that could help me.  I am able to get into clinicians set up of the machine so can change anything needed.  Also, I can provide more data if needed as well.

Attached Files
.pdf   LH Stats 30 May 2020.pdf (Size: 106.81 KB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   LH Summary 30 May 2020.pdf (Size: 538.49 KB / Downloads: 19)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP - Advice Welcom
Welcome to Apnea Board. Let's start with getting OSCAR, a free data tool to view info. Then you can use an SD card between 2-32 GB to store the data from the ResMed that can upload that info onto the PC. We can view the usage data and advise at that time.

We'd also ask how do you feel upon using the machine and post what settings are being used currently.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 08:27 AM)lylehall64 Wrote: I have what seems to be a chronic shoulder injury and I must now sleep on my back. 

While we're getting your CPAP machine settings adjusted try sleeping with a wedge. Some people elevate the headboard a few inches.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Oscar, is there a specific report or data I need to upload to this message board? I feel rested in the morning but really not significantly different than prior to using the CPAP machine. The settings on the machine are below
Device Settings
Therapy Mode: SPONT Ramp Enable: RAMP_ON Ramp Time: 10.0 Minutes
Expiration Pressure: 6.4 cmH2O Inspiration Pressure: 10.0 cmH2O Easy-Breathe: ON
Ti Max: 1.2 sec Ti Min: 0.4 sec
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 12:36 PM)lylehall64 Wrote: I have Oscar, is there a specific report or data I need to upload to this message board?

Yes, there is a preferred way of displaying your data. Look here.

Quote:RAMP_ON Ramp Time: 10.0 Minutes

Most people turn the ramp off after they've gotten used to the CPAP machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 12:36 PM)lylehall64 Wrote: I have Oscar, is there a specific report or data I need to upload to this message board?  I feel rested in the morning but really not significantly different than prior to using the CPAP machine.  The settings on the machine are  below
Device Settings
Therapy Mode: SPONT Ramp Enable: RAMP_ON Ramp Time: 10.0 Minutes
Expiration Pressure: 6.4 cmH2O Inspiration Pressure: 10.0 cmH2O Easy-Breathe: ON
Ti Max: 1.2 sec Ti Min: 0.4 sec

Start your own thread 
Post your 'daily charts, organize them per the Organize link in my signature.  That will get everythinh started.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 08:27 AM)lylehall64 Wrote: I’ve recently started using a Resmed AirCurve 10S.  I normally sleep on my side because my wife told me I gasp frequently and snore loudly when on my back, the gasping never woke me up though.  I knew I needed a sleep study to determine the issue but never got around to it.  Unfortunately, I have what seems to be a chronic shoulder injury and I must now sleep on my back.  Due to all the COVID-19 virus issues where I live it is very unlikely that I can get a sleep study anytime soon.  A friend gave me the CPAP machine and I have used it for the past 2 weeks.  I simply left it set at the same levels that they were at when it was given to me to get some initial data.  I’ve been using a full mask as sometimes I breathe through my mouth at night.  I do have a nasal mask that I could use.  I’ve attached a summary report and statistics report from the ResScan software from the past 2 weeks of use.   I would be very appreciative of any advice on revising the settings as well as any other observations from the data that could help me.  I am able to get into clinicians set up of the machine so can change anything needed.  Also, I can provide more data if needed as well.

I can't say anything more specific without seeing your nightly charts but you can raise your EPAP by 1 cmw, it will likely require more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lylehall, your Resscan charts show that your with bilevel pressure a t 10.0/6.4, AHI is 25.4 with just about equal OA and CA at 13.4 and 9.3 respectively with the remainder being hypopnea at 4.4 per hour. That's pretty bad. It would help a lot to see your daily details chart in OSCAR to understand better what is going on. What we know, is that EPAP pressure is too low, and your pressure support might be too high. The question is, have you tried CPAP pressure before using this bilevel Aircurve 10 S? Without seeing anything else, you need higher EPAP pressure, so increase the EPAP to 8.0, and leave the IPAP at 10.0. Let's see how it goes until we see some charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a chart of last nights data.  I posted 2 as I could not get machine settings and session information on left side bar all on a single screen.  Should I post some more days?  I have 15 days of use but not sure all that is needed, happy to post if desired though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My impression is that you are severely affected by positional apnea which can happen as easily on your side as on your back. Please read this wiki on how we think positional apnea works and see some other examples. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea Note how your events are strongly clustered like the examples in the wiki. We have many members that have successfully treated these obstructive clusters using a soft cervical collar. Soft Cervical Collar Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

To help with the obstruction, please increase EPAP to 8.0 and IPAP to 11.0. You will need a collar to relieve the chin-tucking that is clearly affecting your therapy. Please be sure the Easybreathe option is on. Once we resolve that problem, we will see what remains of the central events and deal with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 798 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.