Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - Advice Welcom
RE: New to CPAP - Advice Welcom
Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove   Definitely a lot of chin tucking,  What he said  Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I've ordered a soft cervical collar and will adjust my epap and ipap pressure tonight as suggested. I will repost charts after i get the collar and am able to use it for a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roll a towel around an old necktie and tie it under the chin, not as effective as a collar, but it is something and should get you started until your collar arrives.
Post Reply Post Reply
I now have the soft collar and have used it for several days.  First days were a bit rough.  I tried it while sleeping on my normal pillow as well as elevated slightly with 2 pillows.  Not great results at all with either method.  I am now using a "tempurpedic" pillow along with the collar.  I have the larger hump of the pillow under my neck to make my head go back a bit.  The attached chart from last night is representative of the results I've had over the last 3 nights.  Definitely better sleep with some long period of no events.  I do feel a bit tired in the morning but not dramatically different than prior to using the collar despite AHI being lower by 10. It may be due to work as I'm not getting as much sleep and I am being woken up by my alarm from deep sleep.  My apple watch shows I am getting 2.5 - 3.5 hours of deep sleep out of ~7.5 total each night.  The deep periods mostly correspond with the periods of no apnea events though not perfectly.  Any advice on machine or other adjustments would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Lylehall64

You are not on the correct machine you need an ASV you need to return to your medical team as this is not working for you if this is a typical night an AHI of 21 is not acceptable. And we cannot do much other than increase pressure with this machine I think the Hypopnoeas are also central in nature you are on the wrong machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately I have not yet had a sleep study and living in the UK it is unlikely I will get one in the next several months. The medical system here is nearly 100% focused on COVID and emergency/life threatening issues. I will have to work with the machine I have for now, which was loaned to me from a friend (see my first post). When I first started with the machine a few weeks ago I regularly had AHI over 30, so down a bit since then with the collar and a slightly higher pressure, both recommended by the forum. Maybe I should increase the IPAP and EPAP pressure up a bit more?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,551 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 331 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 471 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 295 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,033 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 195 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.