Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP -- Headaches pre-CPAP and with CPAP
RE: New to CPAP -- Headaches pre-CPAP and with CPAP
(12-28-2019, 04:47 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: Your leak rate is effecting the shape of the waveform. If you didn’t have a leak there they would look normal IMHO.

On a Philips machine the leak line includes intentional leak from the mask I do not see a leak problem here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed that it was a PR and didn’t see the mask leak line near zero. Sorry BaconLime
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2019, 06:28 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: I missed that it was a PR and didn’t see the mask leak line near zero. Sorry BaconLime

No worries.

Glad to have the leak line commented on anyway. While I occasionally sense a leak and adjust the nasal pillows, I have only had a large leak one time, and my OSCAR data didn't indicate that the machine was having trouble keeping up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2019, 10:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What Flex setting are you using?  I think it will help to use a higher minimum pressure. Your graphs show quite a bit of flow limitation, and I'm surprised that the breathing pauses were not flagged as apnea. Higher minimum pressure should help to open your airway and make breathing a bit easier. I'd like to see if your results improve at 7 or 8 cm.

Sleeprider, getting back to the comment I highlighted in your quote above, I see more of same in my graphs this morning. Does this suggest the PR Dreamstation is defective?

Headache again, in spite of the low AHI .87, (which I just noticed was cut off in the screenshot). I bumped min pressure up to 6.5 cm last night; will try 7 cm tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-28-2019, 03:27 PM)BaconLime Wrote: Speaking of lines, do the stair-step inhalations (see attachment) have any significance? That's what 90% of my inhalations look like.

Note that your pressure is dropping during that same time interval. When the shape of the flow rate graph indicates a pending airway collapse the machine will raise the pressure in an attempt to prevent the collapse. This is essentially what is meant by a response to flow limitation. At least that's my understanding of ResMed machines that auto-adjust the pressure. I don't know if that's true for your PR machine.

I agree with Sleeprider that you should raise your minimum pressure, especially if you are not bothered by the higher pressure.

The thing I would really urge you to do is be patient. It is going to take your body and mind some time to adjust to these new circumstances. For quite a while it has had to wake you up to breathe, and it will take some time for your mind and body to realize that it no longer has to do that. For some the adjustment takes almost no time, and for others it takes a few weeks or a few months. But realize that even during the adjustment phase you are doing yourself a huge favor by lowering your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 2 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 246 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 81 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 67 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,330 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.