Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP: Help with OSCAR data
New to CPAP: Help with OSCAR data
Hi all,
I am a new CPAP user. Diagnosed with UARS over a year ago. I have been using my new cpap for about a week. Energy has been variable between days and inconsistent throughout a single day. 

I am new to learning about how to read the data in OSCAR as well and am wondering if anyone can help me understand the data and possible changes I could be making? 

I am using the Fisher & Paykel Evora Full Face CPAP Mask. I've adjusted to it but still experience leaks from the nose. Still not sure it is the one.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP: Help with OSCAR data
Your minimum pressure should be at least 7 to get the full advantage from EPR. This is because the lowest pressure the machine will deliver is 4. I suggest a minimum pressure of 8 or 9 given that your median pressure is close to 9. This should reduce rapid pressure changes and provide more comfort and less sleep disturbance.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
thinking of this in a similar way, you look at your pressure thru the night, and pick a pressure that is above the average spot that new events start to jiggle back up. The bottom of the red curve at 2:15 am and the bottom at about 4:05 get down to about 7.2, so you want to prevent that, and should splint your airway to above 7.5 cmh2o.
I would make the start pressure min = 7.5 or 7.6.

you are holding stuff back by restricting the max pressure of 12. right now, that may just be necessary to prevent air swallowing and bloating. But when you get more used to it, you may prop the max up a little bit, like 13 just to see if you can clear that without new symptoms.

gotta say Feb 16th looks like a pretty good night.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is helpful, thank you! Should I then turn off the ramp feature?

yeah, the 12 was set by my doctor. I haven't found the pressure to be overwhelming so I could see about going up to 13 in a week or so. All my nights have looked good but the variable energy is annoying. And I know that it can take time. I was using a MAD before this and was experiencing inconsistent results thus started using the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 512 Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.