Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, Looking for Feedback
New to CPAP, Looking for Feedback
Hi Everyone

I just started using a Resmed 10 Autoset after having a home study detect an AHI of around 18. So far I've been pretty successful at keeping my AHI below 5 though I can tell some of the more experienced people around here are looking to have their personal AHIs below 2.

I seem to be acclimating alright. The pressure is starting to feel "normal" after about a week though sometimes it still feels uncomfortable. I started with 4-20cmH2O and I have since starting bumped that up to 8-20cmH2O. I still have a ramp in place now where it starts at 6cmH2O and moves to the minimum of 8cmH2O. Sleeping is still a little weird with the pressure so I think I'll keep the ramp in place for a while until I get more used to the pressure. I also have EPR set to 2 right now.

I'm considering bumping the pressure up again to my median around 10 cmH2O for last nights data but I may see what others think. I may also post some waveforms of centrals later to see what people think.

I think I formatted everything correctly but let me know If I can fix anything for future posts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, Looking for Feedback
Welcome to the forum. You’re doing pretty well but I suggest a minimum pressure of 8 since your median pressure is running from 8-9. Your machine will be able to respond a little more quickly to flow limitations. It’s not staying at 6 so I doubt you will notice much difference. Increasing EPR to 3 should also help reduce the hypopneas and OAs. The CAs are probably temporary and should decrease over the next few weeks. Be sure to post mores data after the changes
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You’re off to a great start, and you will get good help from the experts here as you fine-tune your therapy.

How solidly do you feel you’re sleeping during the night? How rested are you feeling during the day? The answers to these questions are important pieces of the puzzle.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far i have been waking up 1-2 times per night because of the CPAP, last night for example I somehow unclipped one of the sides of my mask and started a nice leak. Overall though I feel less tired than usual but not a life changing amount yet. I suspect as I acclimate ill begin to sleep better wearing the device.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll leave my pressure at 8 for now and see how things go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think you’re right that it’ll only get better. I’m glad things seem to be moving in the right direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your doing great, you are now in fine tuning area, you will find your events drop further as you continue sleeping with the APAP and find it disturbs your sleep less many of us do not find immediate improvement when using the machine but a gradual improvement in how we feel, as our body repairs over weeks and months. Would I sleep without my machine no, I have two days of low use (less than 4 hrs) in the last two years that was due to work/travelling where I was not asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 348 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Feedback on OSCAR data Jobaaayyy 13 767 11-27-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New CPAP User - Feedback Request aceventura 8 672 11-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.