Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP -- OSCAR chart
New to CPAP -- OSCAR chart
Good morning!

I've recently been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and I've just started CPAP treatment.  I'm still getting used to it (3rd night, probably 8 hours total) but I'd love some input on my OSCAR charts to make sure things are looking okay and/or for any recommendations going forward.  Thank you very much for your time!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP -- OSCAR chart
(09-23-2020, 05:48 AM)arcav Wrote: Good morning!

I've recently been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and I've just started CPAP treatment.  I'm still getting used to it (3rd night, probably 8 hours total) but I'd love some input on my OSCAR charts to make sure things are looking okay and/or for any recommendations going forward.  Thank you very much for your time!

Welcome to the Apnea Board, well your Oscar chart looks like your on a good path to correct your Apnea. You notice the Ca(Clear airway or Central Apena's) part of the chart and that could be from your nightly sleeping has improved and your system is getting adjusted to efficient breathing and sometimes it washes out your Co2 in your blood better and your brain is readjusting to new rich oxygen source . You could shut off your EPR until you get adjusted and that could help some. Kind early in the process for you. You might notice CA's happen later  in your sleep session indicating could be washed out Co2 as the sleep progressed. There are other folks that know more on these issues With Central Apnea and it can be tamed .
Post Reply Post Reply
Welome to the Apnea Board.
Very good start. Let's watch the Central Apnea (CA) for now, and hold the settings where they are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much to both of you for the welcomes/info! It's greatly appreciated. Will keep truckin' at current settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you see significant changes post right away, otherwise post in a week. I may ask you to turn EPR off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here was last night.  Looks like my leaks got worse until I ripped it off for a few hours.

Post Reply Post Reply
Went on vacation and missed a few nights unfortunately, but here are charts from some dates this past week.  Still feel incredibly exhausted each morning and not refreshed.

And last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last two nights.  Last night (10/2) was the first night I started mouth taping, which seemed to help a bit on leaks!  Any suggestions on settings or should I just continue here for now?

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel? What do you need to accomplish?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2020, 10:18 AM)bonjour Wrote: How do you feel? What do you need to accomplish?

Sought out CPAP because of insane brain fog / fatigue seriously impacting my life and ability to function.  #1 goal is to wake up feeling more refreshed and not like a complete zombie.  This morning is probably the best I've felt thus far on treatment/otherwise in a while, but still not great (definitely feel a bit better I think, but it's hard for me to completely tell).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 117 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.