Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, Some Questions/Concerns
Smile 
RE: New to CPAP, Some Questions/Concerns
(04-19-2022, 07:25 AM)Gideon Wrote: Your flow limits are high, not much we can do with them on this machine but your aerophagia comes first.

Set min to 7, this is the minimum you should be at with EPR=3 which you want for both the flow limits and your aerophagia.
Set Max pressure=9.  This is to limit your aerophagia.

At these low pressures you should consider turning the ramp off.

What is a flow limit?

Also does a mask affect the air swallowing? I just swapped to a new one yesterday.

Also I can just access those in the clinician menu right? Can they see if I change them too?

Also thank you for the assistance! c:
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachments removed per member request]

Okay I have some charts from the new mask, also today my chest did not hurt nor was I burping but I am not sure if this is over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would set your min to 7 to match your EPR setting of 3, fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2022, 08:16 PM)Gideon Wrote: I would set your min to 7 to match your EPR setting of 3, fulltime.

I can change that through the clinician menu right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! While you are in the clinician menu, you should change the option to allow the patient to change the EPR setting too. It will then appear on your normal user menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you need a Clinicians Manual, order it here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I changed the settings correctly earlier this morning but when I looked at my machine when I got home it was back to the way it was before?

I did follow up with the NP today since she asked me to call her this week after calling last week about the chest pain but I did not mention that I changed the settings.

With a ResMed 11 they would be able to see that or maybe I did something wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
I really wish you luck.
You have responses from some wonderful people here.

I have chest pain sometimes. There's a holistic remedy that helps me out. It's St Francis "Passion Flower" tincture. I take it and the pain literally goes away. If it didn't go away I would go to emergency! Wink

Hope this helps. It's at health food stores.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2022, 08:16 PM)Gideon Wrote: I would set your min to 7 to match your EPR setting of 3, fulltime.

I'm pretty sure I changed the settings but then I saw they were changed back after i returned home from work. The sleep center I go to has access to my machine, could they be setting it back to my prescription? I should be able to fiddle with my setting how I want, right?

Also what happens when you set your min to 7? I'm not sure what matching it to the EPR means.

I've had less chest discomfort but I'm also on a week long heart monitor just to make sure. I have a stress test scheduled as well because they want to rule out cardiac issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lowest pressure your CPAP can produce is 4
The max reduction EPR can produce is 3
Therefore the lowest set pressure that will allow full use of EPR is 3 + 4 = 7. Thus 7 is the lowest pressure that will fully accommodate EPR
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 220 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 168 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 367 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.