Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP Still Waking Up
RE: New to CPAP Still Waking Up
I am having the same issue. I am still waking up and staying up at about 3 am everyday. Same pattern before I started cpap 9 days ago. It is just that now I am aware that I am waking up. Previously I believed I slept all the way through until 3 am.

I look at my sleep data in the morning and now I can see in the data the sleep apnea event that wakes me up for the final time of the night.

In a way it is more frustrating because it feels like someone is waking me up and I just want to punch someone out for it. I am thinking about trying some OTC sleep aids to try sleep through those later events in order to make it to 6 am or so, at least until I can develop a pattern of sleeping through.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP Still Waking Up
Well I an into my 5th night. Before starting I normally sleep through the night no queues. Dont wake up fully refreshed but still very functional. Now so far I arm to be able to fall asleep initially for about 2 hours then I wake up with a horrible derry mouth and throat. If I am lucky I may fall asleep again but usually its a futile mask adjustment, puffed cheeks...interrupting me from falling asleep again. I am still trying hopefully it will work ..just have to though it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 54 6 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 194 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 112 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 209 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 453 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.