Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - When/If to Move from Auto to Fixed
RE: New to CPAP - When/If to Move from Auto to Fixed
If you can tolerate your 95% pressure easily then switch to fixed pressure.

I found out by lots of trial and error that for me only a fixed pressure provides a restful sleep. varying pressure makes me a zombie even though AHI < 1 every night.

And thankfully my fixed pressure need is just 7cm. So it worked out well.

If I feel a cold/congestion coming, I raise it to 8cm and all is well (4 years and counting).
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. I'll give that a try this weekend. I'll have about 10 days of data on average pressure that should give a nice baseline to experiment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2019, 01:49 PM)dreamstream Wrote: The RS I met with originally indicated the goal of an APAP was to trial it long enough to find which fixed pressure would work best for you.

Just a slight vent in your honor.  It drives me crazy when they go on about fixed pressure. Most people benefit from a RANGE, not a fixed pressure!  A tight range, I agree, but it's like they can't seem to understand how sophisticated these machines are.  Ok, end of rant.  This is why so many people quit cpap - bad advice based on medicine from 20 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 579 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.