Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market
RE: New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market
Good for you! You got a TERRIFIC price on your machine.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for checking in!

I will post my sleep study below, then my first night's results and an overview....well, as soon as I figure out the picture functions  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Okay, charts, I got charts!

one more

one more
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Oscar charts look excellent! The CAs probably just reflect pauses in your breathing after an arousal; as you get used to PAP, these may diminish. Your OAs, Hs, and snores are well treated at these settings, and your FLs look fine. I'd recommend sticking with these settings.

You had one "large-leak" period -- large leaks are ones the machine can't compensate for. But the rest of that night your leaks were scattered and small, which is good.

It'd be great if you could get in some more sleep time. For many people 6-7 hours just isn't enough. Any chance you can do that?

If/when you post another chart, you might try taking a screenshot that includes the left panel plus just these graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

It's very good to see you doing so well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for looking, @Dormeo !

I figured out how to create the chart like you suggested - thanks!

Glad to hear it is looking well. I know my apnea issues are mild, but I freaked out when I realized I was dropping so much oxygen at night. A low of 83% is scary. I hope it is better now. I will assume it is, but thinking about getting a home pulse ox that will record for peace of mind.

The nasty leak I had last night if the first big one I have had. I am wearing a nasal pillow that is a little wider than what the guide says, but the small has too sharp of a bend and is uncomfortable. I have a wide but small nose.

Anyhow, thanks again! I am happy for the reassurance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Low oxy s over played. A low such as your 83% only means you need to look deeper. What matters more is time at or below a critical value such as 88%
. Per Medicare 5 minutes cumulative overnight at or below 88% on CPAP may be justification for nightime oxygen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the perspective @Gideon
I'll try not to worry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again. I am hanging in there. Still struggling with wakefulness and getting enough hours. I think possibly I wake up easily with pressure changes. I did adjust my top pressure and that seemed to be helpful. 

I wondered if you all could look at this CA pattern? I see it quite often in my CA's. Most of the time they look like this (below). Only occasionally do I see a lack of a breath before.

Does it look like an arousal and breath holding, by chance?

Thanks for your time!
Post Reply Post Reply
The breath before the CA looks like either a sigh or a one-breath arousal, probably not to full wakefulness. It isn't you holding your breath, because you exhale before the CA pause. Whatever it may be, you seem to have resumed nice asleep breathing either immediately or within seconds. All in all, I think it's nothing to be concerned about as either a health problem or a contributor to poor sleep.

If pressure changes bother you, you can try eliminating them. I bet if you set your min = max - 7.6 you'd still do well on the OA front.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 91 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 300 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,726 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 277 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.