Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market
New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market
Hello there. I am new to the forum. I was just diagnosed yesterday with mild apnea after an at-home sleep study. 8 events per hour. She had me choose one local DME provider for the CPAP and I went home. The doc warned me there was a significant backlog. 

Curious, I called the provider, who told me they are scheduling into next October for machines. She also sounded like she would rather be filing her nails than bother to talk to me. I had a bad experience with the other provider in town too, so not thrilled with what we have to work with and I don't want to wait til October.

Long story short, I found a Resmed Airsense 10, new in box, on marketplace. The accessories are still factory sealed and the mask set is also sealed. So I bought it for 420.00. The doctor's notes said "APAP at 5-15 cm H20, EPR 2" so I guess I can figure out the settings and confirm the machine has no hours of use.

Now I wonder if I did a good thing or I was an idiot.  Eat-popcorn

Anyhow, hello, nice to meet you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP - and I bought a NIB machine in the secondary market
Hi SaveItTilLater! - Welcome
Your purchase looks good to me!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your very valued two cents. I don't want to compound an issue. Noobies are typically dangerous to themselves Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd set the min to 6 to accommodate the EPR of 2

Typically I'd suggest min of 7bso any value of EPR could be used.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent purchase. One quick piece of advice as you start therapy: try setting the machine up somewhere outside your bedroom today or this evening and use it while you watch TV or read. Continue doing this for at least a few more days. This will speed up the process of getting used to the new experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help with the setting - and that makes sense to me. I am pretty excited I am learning what these things are.
Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Post Reply
Tonight will be night four. I have the ramp off. 

Night one I set as prescribed and did okay. The exhale pressure was annoying, I felt like I could not fully exhale.
AHI was 1.1 I went head and bumped it to 7 with 3 EPR. Relief! That seemed to suit well.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job, I think you will find those settings more comfortable.

Be sure to order your Provider Manual if you haven't already done so.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Don't forget to buy an SD card for your machine, any size from 2gb to 32gb will work.
This needs to be in your Cpap while you sleep.

Download the free OSCAR software so when you have a day or two of sleep data  recorded, take a screenshot of the daily page in OSCAR and post it here for review.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose. I appreciate the support. 

This forum has been so helpful in such a short amount of time. I am a datageek in the real world, so the graphs and variables are exciting to dive into.

I have a card on order for the Resmed 10. Oscar is downloaded and ready. 

Last night on the 7min/3 EPR was the best sleep ever, even though I struggle to sleep in (a long-term issue). Last night was only .5 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're off to such a good start! You're also a good problem-solver, which bodes well. Once your SD card has collected a night's data, you can post a screenshot here so we can see what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 10 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 310 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,747 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 282 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.