Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP and have questions about my diagnosis
RE: New to CPAP and have questions about my diagnosis
Ok so The clinician has decided to set my machine  from APAP to CPAP. We had discussed earlier to decrease my max pressure a tad but I had no idea she was going to completely change the therapy. My tinnitus is so "loud" this morning that it sounds like a bad leak in a capacitor. I have slept like crap the last couple of nights. Here are a couple of shots from after the changes were made. I am not sure what the weird flow rate between midnight and 1:30am in the 3 attachment  are about, Maybe alien abduction? A mild possession? My guess just a sensor malfunction. Any advice on previous sessions (see previous posts) and current ones would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI has been good all along, and I believe you are in the position where you should use the settings that allow you to sleep soundly and feel rested the next morning. So I would recommend that you return to the settings that you found to be "subjectively" the best.

Any news on getting an O2 recording monitor, just to be sure your sats are what they ought to be?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2021, 01:51 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Your AHI has been good all along, and I believe you are in the position where you should use the settings that allow you to sleep soundly and feel rested the next morning.  So I would recommend that you return to the settings that you found to be "subjectively" the best.

Any news on getting an O2 recording monitor, just to be sure your sats are what they ought to be?

Slept with the O2 monitor for 2 nights have not heard the results yet. I will let you know when I do 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second time I have had these type of results in my flow rate has anyone seen this before I suspect an error with the Airsense 10  starts around 12:30 am and last about an hour The minimum Resp Rate is -6537.00 which is almost exactly the same as -6537.80 on a previous data set with the same spikey anomaly  2 nights ago?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
no idea why those odd pressure spikes but there seems to be an imperfect but notable correspondence between them, leaks & flow limitations. what do you see when you zoom in on the areas in question? what does the respiration rate waveform look like (all night & around the anomolies)? anything to account for the negative statistic?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no idea what that -6537 resp rate is, but you might want to report it as a bug in the Software Help forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2021, 06:29 PM)sheepless Wrote: no idea why those odd pressure spikes but there seems to be an imperfect but notable correspondence between them, leaks & flow limitations. what do you see when you zoom in on the areas in question?  what does the respiration rate waveform look like (all night & around the anomolies)? anything to account for the negative statistic?
As you can see the wave form is still intact during the spikes, Electrical interference? Also showing up in the mask pressure readings, I am just hoping this is not the beginning of a machine failure. 

Post Reply Post Reply
odd that mask pressure weirdness is a minute and a half later than flow rate weirdness. similar but not identical pattern. you'd think they'd line up. maybe someone else has an idea but all I can think is it might be a machine fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not seen this before and have no idea if it indicates a machine fault; however Oscar only reports what is in the CPAP data from the SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So this happened last night. I woke up around 1230 to my hand scrambling to remove my mask. I slept with it off for the next hour or so. While the obstructive events remain low, the Flow Limit is pretty high I think. I woke up this morning dizzy and light headed to the point where my balance is questionable. I am not sure all these symptoms are related or just something else. Here are a couple of screen shots 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 9 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 265 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 181 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 715 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 243 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,427 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.