Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP and need help, please.
RE: New to CPAP and need help, please.
We will update to the latest version. 

I did just realize that I had installed the Air 11 SD card in already and may have data on it now. I will check that and upload my findings, if any. 

Thanks again all for the info!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The As10 and the AS11 have slightly different files. If you are swapping the SD card from one model to the other, I would recommend that you format it first. Otherwise, strange things may happen. As far as the card's capacity; It is "suppose" to overwrite the oldest data when it reaches the card's limit. This doesn't seem to be the case, however. A 4 GB card can last for a couple of years before getting full.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the AS10 but the card they sent along is marked Air 11 on it so I assume they are compatible? I’m not sure on the size of it but I will continue to use it and keep an eye on the data.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some great nights full of sleep ahead!

Thanks again for all of the help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
@RBsam - I suggest the first order of business is to learn to keep the mask on all night. For the first 53 years of your life, you have not worn a foreign object strapped to your face. The brain may identify the mask as a foe or threat. To get the brain used to the idea that the mask is a friend, wear the mask during the day (no machine) while doing your daily activities. Then when it is bedtime, your brain may not rebel. This may sound crazy but it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a little bit of an update. The first night since changing my pressures I used the mask for about 8 hours, the most ever! So by increasing the numbers that drastically helped with me keeping the mask on all night. Thank you so much for that recommendation!! The second night I was only able to use the mask for about 3 hours, a late night fire call had something to do with that. Then last night I was able to keep the mask on for 6.25 hours, my second longest night with 2.7 events per hour recorded on the Air 10 itself. I did not look at OSCAR yet.

What wakes me several times throughout the night is the moisture in my mask and the air flow out the front of the mask when it hits the pillow or bed covers. I have the humidity turned off and the tank is empty. Is there a easy cure for that? My bedroom is very cold at night, probably around 60F.

Also, is there a mask that you would feel would work better? I am comfortable with the N20 but if there was another mask that redirected the air out another path that may be better.

I feel like these are petty issues now compared to what I had going on but figured I would ask the professionals here for a quick, easy fix.

Thank you all so very much for the help so far, I truly do appreciate it!!
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a couple of types of mask. Full Face and those that fit under or into your nose (nasal/pillows) The latter are probably easier to use and weigh less. There are a couple that have the hose coming into the top of your head which means that the hose is above you at all times and not interfering with your sleep position by coming down into your bed. FF masks were a disaster for me but the top hose Dreamwear came along when I was just about ready to give up PAP therapy. It was a game changer.

My experience is that the main reason for walking away from PAP therapy has little to do with the machine you've got and everything to do with the mask.

Resmed have the N30i (nasal) and P30i (nasal pillows) with a hose that attaches to the top of the mask frame

Respironics have their DreamWear model. It's available with nasal cushions and also nasal pillows.

Both have their pros and cons but both are excellent masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a few things to consider:

1. Make sure you have the heated hose
  2. Adjust the heat setting for it to 80°F just to start, edit it later as required
  3. Get a hose cover to insulate from the cold and to make it more touch friendly. Snuggle Hose or something like that.
  4. Get a hose hanger of some sort to make the hose travel like an inverted V, up from the PAP to the hanger and down to the mask.
  5. Add water to the humidifier. Water goes to the Max line. This can be tap water despite the DME and ResMed stressing distilled only. Trust me, tap water is OK. If your house tap water is hard, you may need to wash the humidifier tub with white vinegar occasionally, but it won't harm the tub.
  6. Humidifier setting for now, manual 4.
  7. Next is mask. Consider for your research a ResMed P10 pillows mask, its minimal build and less intrusive vent may be better for you, ticking off your wish list. If not, consider a Fisher and Paykel mask. Look at the Brevida pillows, Eson 2 nasal, Evora nasal masks, no particular order implied.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have the heated hose and I will check out the hose covers. I’m not sure if I need humidification or not? I don’t wake with a sore throat or dry mouth but I do have a problem with nasal congestion, maybe it will fix that?

I will give the humidification settings you suggested a shot tonight as well as check out the nasal pillows. I do have a nose/mouth mask that has the hose connecting at the top of my head but the air really blows out the front of that. I never sleep on my back so I am having the air wake me throughout the night blowing on my pillow. 

I am getting things dialed in with the help from you all, I appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think humidity may help the congestion. You have 9 levels to choose from on ResMed, from off being passive humidity to 8 being the most humid. Then you can alter it some by changing it to Auto if necessary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, thanks for all of the help with this new adventure into APAP. 

With your help I am now keeping the mask on longer every night. 

But my big issues now is the mask itself.  I don’t mind the mask on my face and am currently using the AirFit N20. The biggest problem I am experiencing now and the reason I take the mask at night now is the vent location. I have changed my sleep habits a good bit but still end up on my side and sometimes stomach still and when I do that the vent location blows out onto either my pillow or the blankets and wakes me right up. 

I’ve searched other masks online but it is hard to determine where the vent hole is on some of them. Does anybody off hand know of a mask that will solve this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.