Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP and new some advice
New to CPAP and new some advice
Hi
I just started the CPAP treatment and saw on the forum that you could get some advice if it working for me.

I am enclosing a chart from Sleepy head, hope you can give me advice..
I'm using the Sleepyhead in Swedish and maybe you need an English version ?

Kind regards
Per
Sweden

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP and new some advice
hello djabag. wait for more opinions but here's my take: your charts look pretty good and sometimes it's good to leave well enough alone. no harm in experimenting a little though so if you want to try something, try raising your min to 6-7cm. you may find it easier to breathe than when pressure is 4 or 5cm plus it might reduce your residual obstructive apnea, hypopnea and flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 02:20 PM)sheepless Wrote: hello djabag.  wait for more opinions but here's my take: your charts look pretty good and sometimes it's good to leave well enough alone.  no harm in experimenting a little though so if you want to try something, try raising your min to 6-7cm.  you may find it easier to breathe than when pressure is 4 or 5cm plus it might reduce your residual obstructive apnea, hypopnea and flow limitations.

Super..Thank you for your opinion...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd probably bump the minimum pressure up to at least 6cm. It'll put to you closer to your average pressure and most people breath easier with at least 6cm pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Per! It looks like you’re doing pretty well for having just started CPAP therapy. I am also fairly new, and have found this forum very helpful, at least in encouraging me to push through difficulties with my own treatment.

Good luck ...
Allan
Post Reply Post Reply
Great start, and I agree that a minimum pressure of 6 or 7 would make all the difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,527 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,026 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 187 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.