New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
(10-09-2012 01:17 PM)Extrospect Wrote:  Though it is a small sample, I've been confused by that pattern since beginning CPAP. The spike in erratic respiration precedes every single CA event recorded. Additionally, it's present at other times and followed by similarly depressed breathing where the duration is not long enough to warrant detection as an apnea.

I had stuff like that happen to me when I started, too. My AHI spiked to around 17 for a couple of weeks. The doctor lowered the pressure and it dropped to around 5. That was almost a year ago. Now my AHI is around 1.2 and I've raised the pressure back up closer to where it was before.

Here's the thing with obstructive sleep apnea. Cessation of breathing while asleep is a shock to the system. This wreaks havoc as our bodies try to adjust. After years of dealing with it, we get a CPAP machine and all of a sudden our bodies are supposed to go back to normal? Like, normal breathing patterns and normal sleeping patterns. Oh no, it takes time for our bodies to adjust to the newness of the therapy.

Like I said before, wait a couple of weeks and if you're still concerned call your doctor. Meanwhile, try to enjoy life and focus on what's happening in your life while you're awake instead of what's happening while you're asleep.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-09-2012 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
(10-09-2012 01:17 PM)Extrospect Wrote:  Makes me curious if this can be linked to my heart pain complaints.

Heart problems can definitely cause CSR. I presume you've discussed the heart pain with a doctor.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
10-09-2012 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Occasional problems with exhale relief function SLongridge 1 262 10-24-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  A Question of Exhale Pressure Relief thecpapguy! 9 863 09-09-2016 07:36 AM
Last Post: thecpapguy!
  Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Relief surferdude2 1 290 07-01-2016 07:45 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  after 6 months, no relief jhende 5 948 11-28-2015 12:53 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Interested in feedback on CAs experiencing Dafod 7 1,470 05-23-2015 11:35 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  A10 Elite Presure Relief On/Off Setting? player 6 2,390 04-23-2015 04:52 PM
Last Post: zonk
Smile Ah what a relief it is . . . AirSign 6 2,461 04-22-2015 06:01 PM