Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
RE: New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
(10-09-2012, 01:17 PM)Extrospect Wrote: Though it is a small sample, I've been confused by that pattern since beginning CPAP. The spike in erratic respiration precedes every single CA event recorded. Additionally, it's present at other times and followed by similarly depressed breathing where the duration is not long enough to warrant detection as an apnea.

I had stuff like that happen to me when I started, too. My AHI spiked to around 17 for a couple of weeks. The doctor lowered the pressure and it dropped to around 5. That was almost a year ago. Now my AHI is around 1.2 and I've raised the pressure back up closer to where it was before.

Here's the thing with obstructive sleep apnea. Cessation of breathing while asleep is a shock to the system. This wreaks havoc as our bodies try to adjust. After years of dealing with it, we get a CPAP machine and all of a sudden our bodies are supposed to go back to normal? Like, normal breathing patterns and normal sleeping patterns. Oh no, it takes time for our bodies to adjust to the newness of the therapy.

Like I said before, wait a couple of weeks and if you're still concerned call your doctor. Meanwhile, try to enjoy life and focus on what's happening in your life while you're awake instead of what's happening while you're asleep.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP and not experiencing relief...
(10-09-2012, 01:17 PM)Extrospect Wrote: Makes me curious if this can be linked to my heart pain complaints.

Heart problems can definitely cause CSR. I presume you've discussed the heart pain with a doctor.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 160 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 498 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Pressure] relief from high pressure sistrunk 3 385 08-20-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Desperately seeking relief - Pressure help robporky88 13 1,025 03-12-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BIPAP vs Expiratory pressure relief KReardon 5 759 12-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: KReardon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.