Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP but AI still seems high
New to CPAP but AI still seems high
I started CPAP about three weeks ago and have had some of the usual issues getting use to the therapy but I think I am through the worst of it. My sleep study indicated I have severe sleep apnea (103 events/hr). The titration study indicated 12 cm/H20 as the correct pressure for me. After 22 nights of constant use ( about 6.5 hrs/nite) my event rate is around 17 events/hr. A great improvement but my personal goal is to get below 5./hr. My ResMed Air Sense 10 is telling me that the events are due to blockage not central apnea. Would increasing my pressure lower the event rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP but AI still seems high
Hi DanD,
You have found a great place to get lots of feedback on all your issues, there are many-many different takes on them all, so
be patient, and soak in the ones that best fit your needs. I am curious about how your Air Sense 10 is telling you that you have a blockage rather than Central apnea. Can you share this? Your events have greatly improved! KUDOS on that, I hope that improvement continues for ya'. Need more info about increasing pressure, what are you at now?
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Software: Not using software- even if you don't want to use the data, it would really help us.
In the lower right on the front of your machine there should be more infor about which A10 you have. Most have the data available and I think one does not.

Are you in CPAP mode? or Auto mode (you will have 2 pressure settings) if you are in Auto what are the 2 settings

With the software (sleephead) (free) people on her can suggest if you should change your pressure and by how much, all of this will make your experience better and more accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DanD,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I have updated my profile. I am using the AirSense 10 AutoSet unit from ResMed and the AirFit P10 Pillow System. Overall, I am very satisfied with the unit. The AirSense 10 is set to CPAP mode not Auto mode and the pressure 12 cm H2O. The EPR is on. I am also using the ResScan software, thanks to sleephead. The software indicates I am still having about 10 to 17 events per hour. It also indicates these events are Obstructive apnea not Central Apnea. Does anyone know how the CPAP mode and Auto Mode differ. My supplier set it up in CPAP at 12 cm H2O but never mentioned it had an Auto Mode. Thanks for any input.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Blockage - Just want to make sure you are not referring to the machine giving you an error message stating you have a tube blockage.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2016, 04:07 PM)DanD Wrote: Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I have updated my profile. I am using the AirSense 10 AutoSet unit from ResMed and the AirFit P10 Pillow System. Overall, I am very satisfied with the unit. The AirSense 10 is set to CPAP mode not Auto mode and the pressure 12 cm H2O. The EPR is on. I am also using the ResScan software, thanks to sleephead. The software indicates I am still having about 10 to 17 events per hour. It also indicates these events are Obstructive apnea not Central Apnea. Does anyone know how the CPAP mode and Auto Mode differ. My supplier set it up in CPAP at 12 cm H2O but never mentioned it had an Auto Mode. Thanks for any input.
Sleep-well

Hi DanD,
I feel you might fare better using the Auto Mode, especially with an AHI of 10 to 17.

You can set a range of pressure, this way the apap can treat your apnea events more efficiently by keeping your pressure lower until it needs to ramp up to treat an event. The apap will keep the pressure up only as long as it needs to, then will lower it back down.

In Cpap mode, the machine stays at one constant pressure.

You can order the Clinicians manual for your machine:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 707 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,434 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.