Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
So I have a normal BMI but I am always tired. I snore everyday and have been I stop breathing when I sleep. I wake up very groggy every morning and am very fatigued throughout the day and find it hard to keep my eyes open throughout the day. I've had a car accident from falling asleep on the wheel. I also have many other things sleep apnea is associated with like teeth grinding, hypertension, waking up at night, and GERD which can contribute to it. So I had just ordered the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and it has not come in yet. I plan on using it on the autoset function first and then view the data to find out what pressure would be the best to use for me. I also plan on going to the sleep clinic in the near future but I can't due to my financial position. But is there a way I can get help here to tweak the settings once I have the the CPAP for a week or so once I am able to provide some data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Welcome to the forum. To give help we will need data from your machine. Your machine has a slot for an SD card but may not come with one. You will nned a card with a capacity of at least 2GB and no more than 32GB. There is no need to buy the max size. Then you will need free
sleepyhead software which can be downloaded to your computer. Then after you have used your machine you will be able to post data in the forum. See the links in my signature for how to get the software and organize and post data. We will be happy to assist you.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2019, 02:05 PM)Melman Wrote: Welcome to the forum. To give help we will need data from your machine. Your machine has a slot for an SD card but may not come with one.  You will nned a card with a capacity of at least 2GB and no more than 32GB. There is no need to buy the max size. Then you will need free
sleepyhead software which can be downloaded to your computer. Then after you have used your machine you will be able to post data in the forum. See the links in my signature for how to get the software and organize and post data. We will be happy to assist you.

Ok, thank you. I won't be able to post anything up until next week when I receive my unit and the mask, but in the meantime. Is there a standard set of ranges and settings I should set the autoset feature when I do use it for the first time?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2019, 02:17 PM)jeannylam09 Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 02:05 PM)Melman Wrote: Welcome to the forum. To give help we will need data from your machine. Your machine has a slot for an SD card but may not come with one.  You will nned a card with a capacity of at least 2GB and no more than 32GB. There is no need to buy the max size. Then you will need free

Ok, thank you. I won't be able to post anything up until next week when I receive my unit and the mask, but in the meantime. Is there a standard set of ranges and settings I should set the autoset feature when I do use it for the first time?

I can't say what the "best" approach for setting up the Autoset Airsense 10, but what I did was set it to +/- 4cm water pressure with my prescription level being 12cm and since I never used a ramp on any of my cpap machines since I started therapy almost 20 years ago I turned the ramp off.  I also set the EPR (Exhaust Pressure Relief at 3cm)  After I had a couple days of data on the machine I narrowed the range to 10 to 13cm water.  Based on the MyAir app the machine says my pressure is 12.6cm water.  I feel good after 2 weeks using this machine and my wife says it sounds amazing from her side of the bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just FYI, not sure about your area, but in the Edmonton, Ab, Canada area there are quite a few sleep clinics that will do a sleep study and a free 30 day trial of a CPAP machine for free. They want to sell you the machine, but there are no contracts saying you have to buy from them. Do a search.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2019, 02:39 PM)sleepyl Wrote: Just FYI, not sure about your area, but in the Edmonton, Ab, Canada area there are quite a few sleep clinics that will do a sleep study and a free 30 day trial of a CPAP machine for free.  They want to sell you the machine, but there are no contracts saying you have to buy from them.  Do a search.

Thanks, I am down in Texas. Basically it'll cost me about $1,000 to get a sleep study down here. I would have to first go to a primary care physician to get a referral for the sleep study which is about $100 and another $900 for the study. I figured I could see how it works out before I actually shell out money to do a study. I am in school and I am very tight on money. Hopefully can start waking up refreshed and have a clear mind to actually do my schoolwork.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the minimum pressure set to 6cm the maximum pressure set to 20cm and EPR set to 2 that will be a pretty good starting point for the first few nights then post a couple of daily graphs and we should be able to assist you in improving your settings and therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the post just above by jaswilliams.  The machine you have, once you can actually use it complete, is designed to auto-titrate you if you have the least complicated form of apneas.  The settings mentioned above will start the machine 'listening' to you as you sleep and it will quickly find the range you need.  Note that a single night might not do enough because each night is different.  Eventually, the machine will reveal its optimal ranges and what level of pressure relief you need.  This will be available in data form once you know how to organize sleepyhead data and extract it from your machine's SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will repost after a week of use with the settings provided. Hopefully I will be able to adjust to wearing the CPAP easily. Would it be best to report back to this thread or create a new one when I'm ready?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's best to continue with this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 64 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,448 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 66 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,985 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,994 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.