Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: New to CPAP (help with settings) Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
First night on my machine. Ended up ripping the mask off for a couple of hours. I will continue using the same settings again to see if there are any changes. I felt a little less groggy this morning waking up and nose feels much better from having humidified air. About 11:30pm was the start time.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is actual CA?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think so, even if they were they are far to few to be worried about.
To me that look more like you tossing around in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jenny, I have a suggestion for you. Set your minimum pressure at 7.0 and maximum at 12.0 and then go into the comfort settings and turn EPR on, Full Time at a setting of 3. You have flow limitation that are causing the pressure to rise. The lower exhale pressure will work with the higher inhale pressure resolve the flow limitations and this will stabilize your pressure and make breathing much more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2019, 04:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Jenny, I have a suggestion for you.  Set your minimum pressure at 7.0 and maximum at 12.0 and then go into the comfort settings and turn EPR on, Full Time at a setting of 3.  You have flow limitation that are causing the pressure to rise. The lower exhale pressure will work with the higher inhale pressure resolve the flow limitations and this will stabilize your pressure and make breathing much more comfortable.

I will try this tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried the new settings tonight. I woke up much more and felt more uncomfortable. Maybe because I slept much longer also? Not sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jeannylam09 and welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. Hold on for more knowledgeable folks who can give you some info on how to tweak your settings to get more optimal sleep.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Overall, results look pretty good. Since you found these settings more disruptive, let's cut back EPR to 2 and maximum pressure to 11.0. That should calm things down and improve comfort. AHI was not a problem originally, but we're seeing improvement in tidal volume and a more relaxed, longer exhale. We would really like to knock out flow limits like we saw in this image:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10181]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I tried the new suggested settings and I am still waking up several times throughout the night which looks like it's  probably causing all the CA. This is only my third night of using a CPAP so that could be my issue. I'm probably just not used to it yet. Here's my screenshot from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not going to give up! I really want CPAP therapy to work out for me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,709 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 834 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,579 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.