Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Airsense 10, high AHI
RE: New Airsense 10, high AHI
I tried the collar again last night for just the second time and my AHI was down significantly to 6.6 events per hour. Thank you for encouraging me to persist. I'm adjusting the comfort to prevent the collar from rubbing my chin. But definitely last night was a big improvement.

I'm still hoping to get below 5 AHI events, but 6.6 is definitely a good start and better than I've seen in 2 months.

Thank you all again.
Carolee
Post Reply Post Reply
I think results will continue to improve as you learn to adjust the collar and become more accustomed to it. We often see the clusters of apnea completely disappear. Remember, you can try different collars and sizes with different results. Try to think about what you like and don't like about the collar you are using, and use that to guide your modifications and changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,

I've followed the advice you all have provided and switched back to a SCC. The first one I bought was not comfortable, so I got a new one that is comfortable. However, I'm still seeing many events each night. For a little while, I thought the SCC was fixing the problem, as I wrote in my previous post, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Here are the API events for the past 2 weeks:
2/8 - 6.6
2/9 - 8.1
2/10 - 10.3
2/11 - 10.4
2/12 - no data
2/13 - 9.4
2/14 - 16.0
2/15 - 10.6
2/16 - 8.9
2/17 - 16.4
2/18 - 13.3
2/19 - 14.1
2/20 - 19.0
2/21 - 19.9

The SCC initially helped (6.6, 8.1) on the 8th and 9th, but since then, numbers continue to be high, especially these past few days. I'm attaching a screenshot of last night's sessions.

Any ideas? 

Is it possible I'm wearing the SCC incorrectly? I wear it around my neck and it stays on all night. The SCC prevents my chin from being able to move down. I also don't have dry mouth in the morning anymore since starting with the SCC, so my mouth is staying closed. I've always been a side-sleeper, which I thought was recommended for apnea. 

Should I try to talking to my doctor about a bilevel machine? (The respiratory care doctor is hard to reach now, due to handling COVID cases.)

Carolee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 130 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.