Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP lost with the data. Any help appreciated
RE: New to CPAP lost with the data. Any help appreciated
Thank goodness its the weekend. I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend and Easter.

I was moving along nicely, though still not feeling refreshed during the day and get real tired in the afternoon, and then had a rougher night last night and wanted you guys to evaluate it along with the previous nights.

The only change last night was I got a new Purple Harmony Pillow (thinnest 6.5") as I was trying to find something cooler than the memory foam one I'm using which seems to sleep hotter with CPAP for some reason. I'm strictly a back sleeper.

Anything in my charts that I should be looking at or should I just give it some more nights and see what happens?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
IMO I'd watch your flow limits and see if they're a cause of disturbance or if they increase. If they do, then you might take EPR to 3. Otherwise you're doing very well stats wise.

A great Easter to ya.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume the cluster of centrals was a period when you were tossing around a lot. I would like to understand that aberration. If it was from your new pillow I'd expect it to be more uniform thru the night, possibly being obstructive (it isn't) thus an indication of chin tucking (it isn't).

Otherwise an attempt to smooth out the pressure throughout the night. For that try two changes, a bump of min pressure up to 8 and increase EPR from 2 to 3 which I expect to have more impact.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.

I don't understand what is meant by "watch my flow limits". I see it in the chart but don't understand what that chart is showing me. I'll have to do some searching to figure that out.

I may have been tossing around as that is after my wife's alarm goes off and before mine goes off so often times I'm awake and restless during this time. Since it seems to be a common recommendation I'll try min of 8 and bump EPR up to 3 again and try it this weekend and see how it goes.

Really appreciate everyone's help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Disregard my suggestion in this case. Gideon had given better actions on this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limits are the lowest level of obstructive events. They do drive pressure changes which is the basis for my suggestions. Your numbers are good so they need to be evaluated by how you feel more than the numbers that show up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both of you. I'll try your suggestions and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made the adjustment to a minimum pressure of 8 and EPR of 3 and had a pretty good night. It took a while to get used to the new settings as it felt like my sinuses would automatically block the flow (similar to when underwater) with the new settings. It settled down after a half hour or so and the rest of the night was uneventful. I'll try it like this for a while and see how it goes. Too early in the day to tell if I'm dragging at the end of the day. Here is the OSCAR data from last night if interested.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good either way. Which to keep depends on how you feel
Post Reply Post Reply
After a couple of decent nights I had a terrible night last night. I woke up over and over and the night drug on because I woke up so much. I have felt like garbage all day. Can anyone make sense of last nights chart? Thanks so much, you guys and gals are a godsend.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 19 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 77 1,767 10 hours ago
Last Post: Quitethe1
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 277 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 168 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.