Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP need a bit of help
New to CPAP need a bit of help
hello and thanks for this awsome Board,
i realy dont know i am new to CPAP and i realy hope i have the right maschine for the job or not.
i can see that i have cheyne stoke events and thats makes me worry. i am using the Dreamwear Gelpillow mask
i still think i just worry to much thanks for your help 
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP need a bit of help
Hello, AMD386. Welcome to the forum. 

I can't help much with your treatment other than to say you will probably need to raise your pressure since it is staying at the max pressure for a good part of the night. Someone else will be along who can better advise you on that. 

I would suggest keeping all treatment related posts in this thread. Doing so will keep make it easier for members to track issues you may be having. 

You did a good job posting your data. It would help if you go into the OSCAR  preferences and turn off the calendar and pie chart in the left pane. Doing so will give more room for displaying the statistics section. You can also turn off VS2 and breathing not detected. Neither are helpful in evaluating your treatment. There is a link in my signature on organizing your charts.

Best of luck with your treatment.
Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the info i will  like
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board.

I agree with MitchS on the increased high number for pressure. Maybe it's me, but there may also be some event clustering that may be chin tucking. If this exists, a typical solution is a soft cervical collar. If needed, there's a wiki area describing this. Here's the collar wiki address: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Last one for now, on your OSCAR chart, you should turn off the VS2 flag. Best wishes you get successful treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have received some good information above and I agree with both Mitch and Dave. For pressure, with your current settings at 5 minimum and 7 maximum, I think you need a new higher range to deal with the mainly obstructive events we see here. I don't know how you ended up with such an unusually low range, but I think you need to be in the range of 7.0 to 10.0. This should stabilize the airway and help with a lot of the problems we see here. A collar may be needed based on the clusters, but I'd hold off until you try the higher pressure. Please provide feedback on comfort with the higher pressure, but I'm sure this will work out better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay i will set it to 10 thanks for your support
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2020, 08:46 AM)AMD386 Wrote: okay i will set it to 10 thanks for your support

You have an Auto CPAP. I'm recommending that you set the minimum pressure to 7.0 and the maximum pressure to 10.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you think its okay to set it 7 from 5 since my doc set it to 5 thats why i ask
Post Reply Post Reply
 Sleeprider i set it up like you say thanks for your help will report back
Post Reply Post Reply
I can tell you did not have a titration test, right?  Your doctor set up your machine with a low pressure and will do exactly what we are doing here until he finds the pressure range that works.  We're just going to get there faster and easier. It is unusual for a doctor to limit maximum pressure to 7.0, and we most often see a range of 5-20 for initial auto CPAP titration. It would not surprise me if there was an error in setting up your Auto CPAP. 

The easiest way to understand this is to understand what is in a CPAP titration protocol. I will post the Philips CPAP Titration Protocol below.  As you can see, the initial pressure starts low, but if obstructive events (OA, H, FL), are observed then we increase pressure.  The protocol continues until obstructive events resolve, or presure is not tolerated. The Resmed protocol does the same thing, but I think it is more understandable. 

We observed your initial chart with Auto CPAP where the starting pressure was 5.0 and increased to 7.0 for a significant period of the night. Events did not fully resolve at 7.0, so we can infer that your ideal CPAP therapy pressure is likely higher.  We can take a more conservative approach and increase the minimum to 6.0 and maximum to 9.0.  The objective is the same, to find out what pressure range results in relief of obstructive events and is comfortably tolerated.  Your machine is actually slow to proactively increase pressure to prevent events, and we know Philips users need more minimum pressure than Resmed users to get good results, so my recommendation of a minimum pressure of 7.0 was based on the observation that at that pressure, you still needed higher pressure to fully resolve events.  Thus my suggestion for 7-10.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9360]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4115]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.