Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP need a bit of help
RE: New to CPAP need a bit of help
The pressure increase worked exactly as I thought it would, and while you touched 10 cm, that is just a phenomenon of the way the Philips machine works. I think a minimum of 7.0 is still correct, but maximum can probably be 9.0. As far as residual events I can confidently say that if you were using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, they would not exist. You certainly don't need ASV. These are pretty good results, and will improve as you adapt to the use of CPAP. Much better in all respects, and well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks i stetup 7 and 9 and will let you know. Is ResMed this much better? Thanks anyway for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
With resmed, we see a faster response rate to flow limitation so that apnea and hypopnea are prevented. Also the way pressure is delivered is essentially bilevel, so it is more comfortable and is effective against hypopnea in a way the Philips can't match.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big thanks for the info i will keep it in mind for my next one
Post Reply Post Reply
i think i need to go up again or?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How are you feeling with current pressure? A minimum pressure of 8.0 is probably the most common therapy pressure I know of. but there is not need to rush you into higher pressure unless you are comfortable with it. I think you're reading your chart very well, and probably observed that the events were controlled with a maximum pressure of 9.0, but originated at 7.0. So since higher pressure is really your idea, I agree.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider any idea whats wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
Presseure i think looks better

Post Reply Post Reply
Your current pressure settings seem mostly effective in controlling apnea and hypopnea. In the screenshot from March 31 there were more hypopnea events than is ideal, and we an see they tend to occur in clusters. This is somewhat true of April 1 as well, but the results are better. The random clustered events is typical of a positional apnea (chin-tucking), and might be resolved by using a thinner pillow or using our soft cervical collar solution. Read the wiki and let me know what you think http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

The good news is, your pressure range looks very good. Your pressure is mostly steady and moving up to 9.0 during events. We could try a higher pressure, but we will slow down to increases in 0.5 cm increments (7.5 minimum). Mostly need to hear how you are feeling and if you are reasonably comfortable with trying a small addition of pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
i really cant say thanks enough for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.