Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP need a bit of help
RE: New to CPAP need a bit of help
This looks like effective therapy for a Philips DS CPAP. It's rare to see people regularly score less than 1 AHI on these, and the real question becomes your comfort and sleep quality. I think you would have consistently better numbers on a Resmed, but it's going to be hard to argue it is medically necessary. Nice work targeting that minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes im very happy with the numbers. For the maschine i realy hope i can get them to change the maschine for more comfort i already talket with resmed and there say the same like you do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepride, 
i finaly got it a ResMed s10 aircure Vauto what are recomandet setings for it?
since i am totaly new to this 
Post Reply Post Reply
I would use
Min EPAP =4
Max IPAP=12
PS=4
To match the pressure settings of your PR then the standard initial PS of 4 reevaluate after 1 night
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks and Ti min Ti max?
Post Reply Post Reply
The defaults. Is this a used machine? If so start with a factory reset to reset all settings to initial factory values.
Also set date and time. As a rule you won't change these even for dst
Post Reply Post Reply
okay thanks no its brand new 0 mins run says it
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a bit different take based on what we worked on before, and would like to move into pressure support a little more gradually.  My recommendation is Vauto mode,EPAP min of 7.0, PS 3.0 and maximum pressure at 16.0.  I know you responded better as we moved CPAP towards 8.5 and had residual hypopnea, flow limitation and RERA.  I think starting at EPAP 7,0 will keep the gains you got from higher CPAP pressure, and using PS of 3.0 will let you ease into bilevel.  After seeing these settings, we should see if adding PS to 4.0 will be useful or not.  As shown in the post below, you had good control over obstruction at CPAP 7.0.  If you feel the pressure is too high starting at 10/7 (IPAP/EPAP), then feel free to back off EPAP min to where you are comfortable.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21474]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big thanks i will adjust the settings
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to say its a new world the diverance from APAP to BiPAP WOW

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.