Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, new to Oscar, starting the learning process
New to CPAP, new to Oscar, starting the learning process
Greetings from an interested newbie:

My spouse has had and used CPAP for years.  Previous GP and other doctor's have suggested I may have apnea a number of times in the past and this year I did a sleep study, got a diagnosis, and started using a CPAP.  I also discovered this forum and started reading about the same time and found the wealth of information about taking control of the process, which I am now attempting.  The faq suggesting the Drs and DME's are interested mostly in selling and compliance are now becoming apparent.  I have asked for a copy of my prescription and studies and am waiting on them.

I received the AirSense 10 Autoset and started tracking my start-up with Oscar.  I am still struggling with a mask fit (beard), awaiting an Airtouch F20 (my mouth drops open in sleep), but have been through about 4 masks that I have tried with varying success - they all work but they all have to be really, uncomfortably tight.

I briefly saw a prescription sheet from the practice doctor (who I never actually met) sheet for CPAP 17 cfm.  I initially found this a bit uncomfortable, but after reading a bit here, tried some settings that I like for now (Auto ~~14-17 cfm, EPR 3, no ramp [having to fiddle with mask to avoid leaks @ bedtime].

Again, I am just starting this journey and everything I read here is new and I am learning - the differences between CA, OA, Hyponea, etc., something the medical professionals never explained.  I am also trying to understand their prescribed treatment with the general absense of OA, and the preponderance of CA and H.

Any help interpreting and providing guidance would be appreciated:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.