Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP treatment, feeling worse
New to CPAP treatment, feeling worse
I have recently been diagnosed to OSA and prescribed APAP therapy. Within the first week I felt almost completely better, most if not all of my symptoms were relieved. I am now about 8 weeks into treatment. Since that first week I have a huge return of all symptoms and I feel just as bad if not worse. My main symptoms are excessive daytime fatigue, depression, short of breath, headaches and body weakness. I have seen my doctor and they narrowed my pressure from 5-20 to 7-15. I am not fully convinced that this will help, but I feel aweful. I just don't understand why I seemed to feel so great after the first week and now aweful again. Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP treatment, feeling worse
Assuming that your Airsense 10 is data capable, you would want to look at the data and see if your AHI has risen. Pressure too low, too high (and a rise in CA events), excessive leakage, could all be problems with the efficacy of the therapy, but the data is necessary to even make a guess Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
My first night on cpap was wonderful! Next few days were great. Now on the 11 day I feel like crap again. AHI numbers are low of .26 to high about 2.70. From what I read here many would love to have those numbers....
I don't get it
I don't get it either.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2015, 02:48 PM)Cjl1006 Wrote: I have recently been diagnosed to OSA and prescribed APAP therapy. Within the first week I felt almost completely better, most if not all of my symptoms were relieved. I am now about 8 weeks into treatment. Since that first week I have a huge return of all symptoms and I feel just as bad if not worse. My main symptoms are excessive daytime fatigue, depression, short of breath, headaches and body weakness. I have seen my doctor and they narrowed my pressure from 5-20 to 7-15. I am not fully convinced that this will help, but I feel aweful. I just don't understand why I seemed to feel so great after the first week and now aweful again. Thanks for any help.

Can you download Sleepyhead so we can see your data??
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cjl1006,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As others have suggested, download SleepyHead and post your data so people can help you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and sleeping better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 241 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 183 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.