Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Cpap and not noticing a change
RE: New to Cpap and not noticing a change
Sometimes it just takes some time, but sometimes you can tweak some things and make it even better.

Think of your apnea as being like smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. When you stop, it takes a while to get over the after effects.

Do you know what your AHI was during your sleep study?

By the way, you say you have ResScan, but you have a Philips Respironics machine. They don't work together.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Cpap and not noticing a change
Sclark, I used to think all that was needed was to use the machine 100% of sleep time and eventually, say in three months, you would feel better. Then I learned that without good sleep- REM and deep sleep your body does not repair the damage of the day. Your AHI is very good- with a little time and good sleep you should note some improvement soon. When I switcted to an ASV machine I gave myself six months to a year for the machine and I to work in sync. Nine months later I was feeling great.

Another consideration is your current state of health. If you haven't had a thorough physical with bloodwork this may be a good time to rule out problems such as hypothyroid, diabetes, anemia to name a few.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you're doing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,703 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 366 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  EPR Change to Help With Flow Limits? upsman 4 362 01-22-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.