Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Cpap and not noticing a change
Sometimes it just takes some time, but sometimes you can tweak some things and make it even better.

Think of your apnea as being like smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. When you stop, it takes a while to get over the after effects.

Do you know what your AHI was during your sleep study?

By the way, you say you have ResScan, but you have a Philips Respironics machine. They don't work together.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sclark, I used to think all that was needed was to use the machine 100% of sleep time and eventually, say in three months, you would feel better. Then I learned that without good sleep- REM and deep sleep your body does not repair the damage of the day. Your AHI is very good- with a little time and good sleep you should note some improvement soon. When I switcted to an ASV machine I gave myself six months to a year for the machine and I to work in sync. Nine months later I was feeling great.

Another consideration is your current state of health. If you haven't had a thorough physical with bloodwork this may be a good time to rule out problems such as hypothyroid, diabetes, anemia to name a few.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you're doing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Can a Sleep Number bed change my treatment? doickle 18 472 02-21-2017, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 13 678 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dogmuck
  how to change pressure setting in XT Fit Wolfpackfan 6 11,577 01-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Last Post: johnnyflhx
  Change p10 to n20 mask Rcgop 9 478 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Should I change machine jm54 4 418 01-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 32 6,245 12-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Last Post: _cy_
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 20,920 11-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2