Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
Hi there. Sorry about long initial post. 
 I was recently diagnosed with extreme apnea via sleep study. AHI 30.1  If you want other results will provide them. I also have a lower heart rate. Low to mid 50's when sitting watching tv/reading but goes to 70's when I am up and moving. During Rem hr to low 40's and Sat 84 average. Res slow and shallow.   I do need to lose 25 pounds. As I have had total nonfunctional thyroid since a teen direction has been towards thyroid. Wrong!! I have very minimally slow neuro response (3-9 ms)due to severe neck injury.
Due to recent eye surgeries with a third in near future I cannot afford a second sleep study with titration. I was given the Dreamstation by a friend whose husband used it.
It came with multiple mew/unopened masks and fabric headgear. Mostly incomplete supplies. I am thrilled she gave this to me.I have used the bipap 4 notes. 
Settings: 
Ramp 5.5
Flex 1
Mask 3 (I use nasal pillow and do not know what it should be)
Pressure:18.0
Bpm: auto
Epap: 4.0/15.0
PS: low 3.0, high 14.0

Results of last 4 nites:
Average 3.6 hr (I have a difficult time sleeping, partially due to pain and not as active as I used to be)
AHI: last 3 nites: 1.4, 3.1, 3.1
Mask: 99-100%
Periodic breathing: 1%, 0,0
EPAP: 90% pressure, 10.5, 8.7, 8.7

I wake up with a headache each day since using machine. I do get headaches from neck injury occasionally but that is usually after I have done more activity than I should.

I don' feel like there is a
enough inspiratory pressure but if the number are good will let alone.

I did try your tutorial re changing settings but holding both 'buttons' for minimal 5 seconds at same time but nothing happened. Is this machine unable to be changed by myself??

My respects to the Respiatory staff at the hospitals- I am retired RN in ER, ICU, Cardiac/Thoracic Recovery and all our initial settings were done by Respiratory - but titered by RN'. Much easier than this home system!!

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
G'day Southern gal. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You have an ASV machine - adaptive servo-ventilator - which is primarily for the treatment of central apnea, Cheyne-Stokes respiration and other complex issues. It's not a particularly good machine for treating "vanilla" obstructive apnea though it can be configured.

To help us help you, can you upload a copy of your sleep report (with identifying material redacted) so we can get a fuller indication of your pre-treatment condition.

In addition, download and install SleepyHead software - this displays huge amounts of information about how your breathing is going, on a breath-by-breath basis. The only caveat is I'm not sure if SleepyHead supports your particular machine.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
I'd have min epep 8 which is under your 90% pressure. The max left at epap 14.
Get some sleepyhead charts up and further fine tune.
I assume you did a factory reset to default settings, when you got the machine.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6 weeks in on bipap, still centrals, still sleepy bemused 14 506 07-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Bipap System 1 question E.W. 3 154 06-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  High Hypopneas with PR DS BIPAP ASV ? mmannari99 10 417 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: mmannari99
  [Equipment] PR Dreamstation BIPAP ASV vs. ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV mmannari99 5 236 06-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: mmannari99
  How to get sleep data from Philips Dreamstation BiPAP Richard Lobo 2 193 06-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Richard Lobo
  New bipap presciption Shamus54 15 571 05-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Shamus54
  new to bipap, lots of central apneas bemused 32 1,050 05-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ajack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.