Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
Hi there. Sorry about long initial post. 
 I was recently diagnosed with extreme apnea via sleep study. AHI 30.1  If you want other results will provide them. I also have a lower heart rate. Low to mid 50's when sitting watching tv/reading but goes to 70's when I am up and moving. During Rem hr to low 40's and Sat 84 average. Res slow and shallow.   I do need to lose 25 pounds. As I have had total nonfunctional thyroid since a teen direction has been towards thyroid. Wrong!! I have very minimally slow neuro response (3-9 ms)due to severe neck injury.
Due to recent eye surgeries with a third in near future I cannot afford a second sleep study with titration. I was given the Dreamstation by a friend whose husband used it.
It came with multiple mew/unopened masks and fabric headgear. Mostly incomplete supplies. I am thrilled she gave this to me.I have used the bipap 4 notes. 
Settings: 
Ramp 5.5
Flex 1
Mask 3 (I use nasal pillow and do not know what it should be)
Pressure:18.0
Bpm: auto
Epap: 4.0/15.0
PS: low 3.0, high 14.0

Results of last 4 nites:
Average 3.6 hr (I have a difficult time sleeping, partially due to pain and not as active as I used to be)
AHI: last 3 nites: 1.4, 3.1, 3.1
Mask: 99-100%
Periodic breathing: 1%, 0,0
EPAP: 90% pressure, 10.5, 8.7, 8.7

I wake up with a headache each day since using machine. I do get headaches from neck injury occasionally but that is usually after I have done more activity than I should.

I don' feel like there is a
enough inspiratory pressure but if the number are good will let alone.

I did try your tutorial re changing settings but holding both 'buttons' for minimal 5 seconds at same time but nothing happened. Is this machine unable to be changed by myself??

My respects to the Respiatory staff at the hospitals- I am retired RN in ER, ICU, Cardiac/Thoracic Recovery and all our initial settings were done by Respiratory - but titered by RN'. Much easier than this home system!!

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
G'day Southern gal. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You have an ASV machine - adaptive servo-ventilator - which is primarily for the treatment of central apnea, Cheyne-Stokes respiration and other complex issues. It's not a particularly good machine for treating "vanilla" obstructive apnea though it can be configured.

To help us help you, can you upload a copy of your sleep report (with identifying material redacted) so we can get a fuller indication of your pre-treatment condition.

In addition, download and install #SleepyHead software - this displays huge amounts of information about how your breathing is going, on a breath-by-breath basis. The only caveat is I'm not sure if #SleepyHead supports your particular machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Dreamstation bipap autovs 2017 model
I'd have min epep 8 which is under your 90% pressure. The max left at epap 14.
Get some sleepyhead charts up and further fine tune.
I assume you did a factory reset to default settings, when you got the machine.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  please help my replacement Dreamstation is not working as a BiPAP squeak 13 991 07-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.