Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Forum :)
New to Forum :)
Been recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. So far liking the differences I've noticed with my new Bipap machine. Was just at the store trying to find a 'mild' soap for washing my mask and I can't seem to find anything without alcohol in the ingredients. I bought a dish washing liquid soap, no added dyes or perfumes. Biodegradable formula, breaks down safely in nature. I looked up the product Ingredients online and says it has Ethyll alcohol. What should I doThinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Forum :)
I use a Baby Shampoo. and it works great.

Sleep-wellCoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sweetdreams2013,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use Ivory liquid dishsoap and it works well for cleaning CPAP parts.
By the way, What machine do you have? Quatro is the name of the mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the suppliers list you'll find many very good products. Unfortunately, you'll pay almost as much for shipping as for the product. If you can afford them, they work well.

I'll second Bompa. I use a national brand baby soap, perfume free and color free at a few bucks for a large bottle at my local grocery. Works great.

Welcome, hope to hear more from you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

You have already gotten a lot of great advice on what products to use to help clean your mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Trish, I have also been using Ivory liquid found in the dishwashing section. There's nothing harsh in it. It produces gentle bubbles, and I have seen no negative effects from using it to wash my mask, hose and humidifier's water tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sweetdreams2013, I doubt there is enough alcohol in your product to damage anything. I would use that up and then look for something else. When I was using the Quattro fx I changed the cushion every month and the mask every three months. I just used cpap wipes to wipe the cushion down every morning. I wouldn't advise you to get into such lax habits, but it shows everyone can have a different way to clean their gear.
Welcome to the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sweetdreams2013 and
Welcome

I also use the Quattro FX and I use any liquid dish soap that is cheap/on sale that doesn't have any moisturizers in it (Dawn Ultra currently) and have never had a problem. One of the most important things I have found, when dealing with the silicone cushion, is to rinse it very well and never soak it for any period of time. If you soak the mask frame and other parts, leave the soft silicone parts (cushion, anti-asphyxia valve flap and oxygen port plug) out of the soak and just wash, rinse and dry them. Also important; I wash the silicone cushion first thing in the morning rather than later in the day - it makes it last longer because the facial oil residue causes the silicone to break down.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2013, 02:19 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sweetdreams2013,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use Ivory liquid dishsoap and it works well for cleaning CPAP parts.
By the way, What machine do you have? Quatro is the name of the mask.

Every soap I seen , including ivory brand had parfume/scent and or alcohol in the ingredients. I have Philips respironics system 1
(07-02-2013, 06:36 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Hi Sweetdreams2013 and
Welcome

I also use the Quattro FX and I use any liquid dish soap that is cheap/on sale that doesn't have any moisturizers in it (Dawn Ultra currently) and have never had a problem. One of the most important things I have found, when dealing with the silicone cushion, is to rinse it very well and never soak it for any period of time. If you soak the mask frame and other parts, leave the soft silicone parts (cushion, anti-asphyxia valve flap and oxygen port plug) out of the soak and just wash, rinse and dry them. Also important; I wash the silicone cushion first thing in the morning rather than later in the day - it makes it last longer because the facial oil residue causes the silicone to break down.

Sleep-well

Every soap I find has alcohol/parfume listed in the ingredients
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,704 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.