Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Forum :)
RE: New to Forum :)
I've been using my wife's watermelon scented hand soap. Laugh-a-lot Figured it was 'milder' than bath soap and dish detergent, but I'll have to actually read the bottles some time.

Seems to be fine so far (about 12 days) but maybe too early to tell. Cleans the silicone face mask, fabric head gear, and alumimum/plastic tub parts just fine. No oxidation on the aluminum yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just going to use the soap I bought that says no added dyes or perfumes. There's no strong alcohol scent, even though the ingredients online says it has ethyl alcohol. If its good enough to be 'biodegradable and breaks down in the environment' I think it should work well n be gentle on my mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Was diagonosed with severe OSA a few months back, running a S9 Escape issued to me by local sleep clinic under the UK NHS system. I use it every night, usually about 7 hours so no issues with compliance.

I started in Oct 2012, had a folllow up 6 weeks later, then next appointment in a year.

I asked at the clinic if I could get some software to allow me to read the data off the SD card and was told ABSOLUTELY NO!

I askes RESMED in the UK, and they also said only clinicians could access the card,

One of my family is type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump, it records all her insulin doses and blood sugar levels (it wirelessly links to her meter) and I am used to studying some pretty complex metrics as we monitor her, so I resent not being to monitor my own health as informed by the S9.

Happy to find this forum, and have downloaded and installed ResScan.

One question: when it reads the SD card, does it transfer the data off the card to my PC thus leaving a "hole" on the card. I don't necessarily want the clinic to know I have this software and that for sure would highlight the fact, or does it leave the data un touched and just read the card.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2013, 10:28 AM)guygamps Wrote: I asked at the clinic if I could get some software to allow me to read the data off the SD card and was told ABSOLUTELY NO!

Problem is, your clinic has very limited data to work with also. The S9 Escape doesn't record efficacy data. I think all you can see with it is compliance data (hours used / day) and some basic data as AHI and pressure. Some of the more senior members will correct me if I'm wrong.

If your clinic is only looking at your SD card and telling you whether or not your therapy is working, they are probably assuming that it is based on the total AHI that the machine reports and your compliance. "The machine says AHI < 5 and he uses it every night, therefore... success." Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2013, 10:11 AM)Sweetdreams2013 Wrote: I'm just going to use the soap I bought that says no added dyes or perfumes. There's no strong alcohol scent, even though the ingredients online says it has ethyl alcohol. If its good enough to be 'biodegradable and breaks down in the environment' I think it should work well n be gentle on my mask

You'll probably be fine with what you have. A little bit of alcohol shouldn't cause problems if just used for a quick wash with a good rinse. The ones with skin moisurizers in them are the only ones I'd stay away from.

I don't use it because I think the dishwashing liquids I can get at the grocery store are fine, but if someone were to really want a dishwashing soap that is free of perfume, dye, alcohol and phosphates there is a company called "Allens Naturally" that makes one. You can buy it on-line, just google "Allens Naturally biodegradable dishwashing liquid".

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, dear! I've been using anti-bacterial liquid soap. Is this a huge "no, no"? If so, I'll switch immediately to liquid dish washing soap and, eventually, to "Allen's Naturally".
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2013, 03:03 PM)MAPnea Wrote: Oh, dear! I've been using anti-bacterial liquid soap. Is this a huge "no, no"? If so, I'll switch immediately to liquid dish washing soap and, eventually, to "Allen's Naturally".

I don't know that it is a "huge" no, no...but; I think the anti-bacterial agent supposedly breaks down the silicone and then the cushion doesn't last as long. Also, I was told not to use anti-bacterial soap because it can supposedly cause skin irritation - I don't know about any of this first hand though, because I've never tried anti-bacterial. Keep in mind, I've never tried any of this "Allens Naturally" soap either so I have no idea if it works well or not - I'm just throwing it out there because it is something I noticed on-line a while ago and people have mentioned that they can't find anything without alcohol, perfume, dye etc.

My cushions are replaceable every month and I can get a couple months use out of them and get no skin irritation using cheap, regular old dish soap - so I'm going to stick with what's working for me.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,700 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.