Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Forum - Please review my sleep data
New to Forum - Please review my sleep data
Hello, 

I have been using the resmed airsense 10 since January 2017, and it took me a long time to get use to the machine. I use the machine regularly now, however, only on rare occasions do I feel well rested.

I was diagnosed with mild apnea at 6.5 AHI. The Myair data avg AHI is typically 3. Attached are uploads of a few days from February where I was travelled to Vietnam from Canada. And also attached are the most recent 5 days of data back home in Canada.

What astonished me is that I had a lower AHI while travelling overseas as compared to what I was getting at home.

Can anyone please advise what I need to do to improve how I feel in the mornings?

If more data is required I would be more than happy to provide.

Thanks

Here is the data from March 1 to 5, 2018.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Forum - Please review my sleep data
G'day Chia. Welcome to Apnea Board.

We really need to see the detailed statistics and machine settings which are on the left side of the #SleepyHead charts. See this link on how to format the charts for best effect: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

From what you've shown us it looks like the majority of your events are clear airway (central) apneas. Your machine may not be the best choice to treat this type of apnea, although it can be tweaked to a certain extent. From your pressure settings I assume you've got the Airsense 10 Autoset. Could you confirm that and update your profile?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Deepbreathing,

thank you for your reply, please see revised screenshots in the suggested format. I really do appreciate any advice your time and effort to review my sleep data.

I confirm that I am on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and have updated this to my profile. What settings are appropriate for central apneas? This is the first time I've heard of this.

Cheers,

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepy Chia, your data show pretty good results for starting out. Please be sure to minimize the monthly calendar as instructed in the Organize Your Sleepyhead Charts in my signature. I think just leave the settings unchanged, but reduce EPR to 1 should curtail the centrals. I think you could actually reduce pressure a bit to 8 to 12 EPR 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SR beat me to it.  CA is usually driven by pressure, IPAP, so we want to reduce that, EPAP, the lower pressure (IPAP - EPR = EPAP) is good and is what controls obstructive event of which you have very few.  So by reducing your Pressure (IPAP) and reducing your EPR we keep your EPAP about the same.  While we like to keep Auto mode it is not uncommon to end up at a fixed CPAP pressure to manage CA events.  You do not have a real high CA index so SR is tweaking you into a more restful set of settings.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

Please see updated charts with the calendar fully minimized. I noticed that for Mar 5, it says that Sleep duration was 02:07:15, is this accurate? Could this be why I feel exhausted in the morning?

Regards,

Post Reply Post Reply
It is not unlikely that the CA events are disturbing your sleep.  A true CA event means that you are not even trying to breath, possibly because of CO2 levels.  

Could you post a copy of your Sleep Studies, that might lend some additional information with which to work.  The full study, not just the summary, personal data redacted if you choose.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2018, 11:44 AM)Sleepy Chia Wrote: Hello Sleeprider,
Please see updated charts with the calendar fully minimized. I noticed that for Mar 5, it says that Sleep duration was 02:07:15, is this accurate? Could this be why I feel exhausted in the morning?

Regards,

On March 5, you had 2-sessions totaling 8:12.  You are reading the time the sleep sessions started from 02:07 to 10:20.  If those times are not accurate, you need to change the system clock.  Those bars under the statistics let you turn a session on or off by clicking on the bar so you can look at sessions in isolation. You have had 7.5 to 8.0 hour sessions which is fine.  It may take a while to feel fully recovered.  I think my suggestion to use a pressure range of 8-12 and reduce EPR to 1 will help.  

If you need to set the clock back, remember that you cannot take hours away from the previous day, so wait several hours after noon, and set the clock back no earlier than noon. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4793]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bonjour,

Please find attached my sleep study as you have requested. This was all that was provided to me after my at home sleep test.

Regards,

Attached Files
.pdf   Redacted CPAP Prescription and studies 4.pdf (Size: 31.42 KB / Downloads: 31)
.pdf   Redacted CPAP Prescription and studies 5.pdf (Size: 41.55 KB / Downloads: 30)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2018, 12:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 11:44 AM)Sleepy Chia Wrote: Hello Sleeprider,

Regards,

On March 5, you had 2-sessions totaling 8:12.  You are reading the time the sleep sessions started from 02:07 to 10:20.  If those times are not accurate, you need to change the system clock.  Those bars under the statistics let you turn a session on or off by clicking on the bar so you can look at sessions in isolation. You have had 7.5 to 8.0 hour sessions which is fine.  It may take a while to feel fully recovered.  I think my suggestion to use a pressure range of 8-12 and reduce EPR to 1 will help.  

Hi Sleeprider,

thank you for pointing out this out, I had no idea there was a clock setting within the CPAP machine. I will definitely adjust these when I get home as  the times in the report are incorrect. At the same time, I will try out your recommended settings tonight.

Just an FYI, I have also uploaded my sleep study results at the request of bonjour.

I really appreciate your input!

Cheers,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 113 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 307 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 227 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 145 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 182 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 131 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.