Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Forum's - AHI in the 50's, yes fifties
RE: New to Forum's - AHI in the 50's, yes fifties
Your 2012 study wasn't too bad. In that study they noted mostly obstructive apnea and rated it as mild with most occurring in REM sleep (dreaming) which seems to be rather common.

Now, you just have way too many Central Apneas. Please get the new study quickly. I would wager it will be very different from 2012.
The ultimate machine for treating CA or mixed apnea is the Auto Servo Ventilator (ASV); as Paula mentioned.

Meds may contribute to your CAs.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Nov 14th is the soonest they said would be avail, claimed it would take 18 plus days for the insurance approval, but if its approved sooner they would call and move up my appt. whom would I speak with about the loaner machine from what ive been reading yea a ASV is going to be the only thing that will help
Post Reply Post Reply
They aren't going to do a loaner until you have the test. Especially if the machine you have now you got on your own. You could install ResScan and send them the data from the machine, see what they say.

But, really, you should be fine while you wait. Talk to your medication doctor and explain what is happening. Perhaps there are other options for you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
3 years ago they did precribe me a cpap - insurance covered it the pr system one a flex auto, masks etc. Med tix monthly resupplys me thru my insurance. I just recently got ahold of a nice hardly used S9 auto set that I could not pass up.
Thanks I am going to ask them tomm to make me an apt to see the dr, I'll bring him my printouts from sleepy head and also info I found online with methadone n cpap / centrals as the dosing nurses didn't know what I was even talking about
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights "rest" lol if u want to call it that

[Image: U4GHeVXl.png]

below is a link to my other screenshots with details of Centrals, etc

http://metsfan302.imgur.com/all/
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but that is 3yrs ago. That machine is most likely yours and they won't exchange it for another. You could pay out of pocket for an ASV rental but it will be very, very expensive.

Relax and wait for your appointment. Talk to your med doc about possible alternatives (there may not be any).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
but since it was so long ago, and these centrals are a new issue etc - would this asv machine be medical necessary and they would cover it?

This is all new to me, I have seen a couple there only seems to be a couple models avail on the market that are gently used for under a grand as most of them are 2500-5k

ugg the unknown has me worried
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be wise to check the duration of those centrals. If they last an extended length of time, you could justify going to the emergency room and that might speed things along. Just a thought.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
They avg like 15-30secs its showing from what I can tell..... I did fax off a letter asking my family DR to amend my sleep study order to a Split Study with ASV if centrals are present - Pugsy mentioned it would help along the process.

you think the ER might do something?

http://imgur.com/8IJE07k

Post Reply Post Reply
Well this thread is dead..... I am going to the Split Sleep study with ASV if centrals are present lol on Nov 14th if they dont call sooner with an earlier date and the new sleep dr Dec 22nd, Till then ill just continue to record data and such to bring with me to the dr apt I guess. With my machine not being able to handle Centrals and I cant seem to get my AHI below 40, not sure if any pressure changes would even help.

I'll keep ya's updated on the Sleep Study and Dr Appt. I am not one to solve a problem then bounce, I intend to stick around daily and read up on things and help were I can.

Happy Papin
Eric D

PS - Go Mets!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,703 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.