Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ?
RE: New to Site New to CPAP. Graph info ?
Hi Schweb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How much out of pocket are you with the elite constant pressure? If I used auto or cpap, I could happily live with that and adjust my pressures with sleepyhead, if it was free. You still have the EPR function.

The apap you have has a cpap mode. later for a trial you could use cpap 15 EPR from the data on this chart, a chart in a couple of weeks when you settle will be different. I would try 1 or 2cm above the 95% number for fixed cpap. to see what you think of fixed pressure. Some people like it and get better results than on an auto
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point I am not out any money at all. I am not even sure what model they will be giving me for the fixed line pressure. This one is just to get some numbers so they can program the fixed one. They never told me which fixed line I am covered for but I am covered 100% and will have to pay nothing for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Schweb

Welcome to the forum. Your therapy is already looking good from 116 arousals to AHI of 4.77. Your clear airway apneas will almost definitely reduce with EPR lowered from 3 to 2. I slowly reduced my EPR from 3 to nil over a few months with reduction of clear airway apneas down to 1 or 2 sometimes these days.

There are also clusters of apnea which indicate perhaps your chin tucking when perhaps you were on your back. We have found that side sleeping reduces events and when you are ready and if needed further along, you might consider other aids to further reduce apneas.

Meanwhile, the best to you.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 3ferj]https://imgur.com/a/3ferj

This was last night
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a great improvement even from the night before!! How do you feel about reducing EPR down a notch to 2 in an effort to reduce some clear airway events?

As noted by jack, you could have a max of 15 as your charts show with EPR 3. Much later on if EPR is gradually reduced you could even reduce the max pressure to 12.

How do you feel?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I have a little more energy right in the morning. I use to have fairly vivid dreams and would wake up feeling almost crazy or something. I havent had that really anymore at all. The pressure on my head isnt really there anymore. I never had the headache problems some people get.  I feel like I can maybe get up and go quicker without the groggy feeling. Other then that I only got the machine last thursday. I think it will take some time yet from what I have read.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave the settings where they are now and continue to monitor them for a few days. Looks like your where you need to be.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy is absolutely going in the right direction and your numbers are great for less than a week's therapy. I note that you have a break in therapy every time there is a leak. Are you awakened by them? I have found that reducing pressure helped with the leaks but perhaps you will be able to do this when you get your own machine.

Those vivid dreams will return as you sleep on through REM. And you will get more and more energised with time. Mask fit is THE MOST difficult issue for most of us but you have nailed it with the nasal pillows from get go. Well done.

For how long more will you be with the APAP? It would be interesting to know at what pressure they prescribe to you. When you get your own machine, dealing down the pressure may be useful to control those leaks which appear to be waking you up.

Post Reply Post Reply
So the clinic gave me a airsense 10 for her (they didnt have the black one to use) for use. They need about three weeks of data they tell me on autoset. I then go back for another appointment.  At that meeting we will set the machine to the fixed settings based on the three weeks of data they got and send me back home for another 3 weeks on fixed. They will see how I do, after that I will get my final machine which will be my own (dont know what that machine will be yet) and it will be set to I guess the overall 6 weeks of data. 

I see you said when there is a break in therapy when there is a airleak. Well.......  might also be, i am thinking, cause i woke up to take a leak and took the mask off. I just leave the machine run while I run. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 253 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,646 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.