Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to all of this and would appreciate input
RE: New to all of this and would appreciate input
I got it on Offerup!

Is the 20% major leak a concern? I really hate the N10 nasal mask and just purchased the Respironics Dreamwear with pillow cushions off Offerup also.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have looked on Offerup before and it is a good place to get a deal. I don't see anything wrong with the machine, but it is a bit undocumented. Your leak rate is very consistent, and does not look like mask leaks or mouth leaks to me. It is averaging 21 L/min which is high, and it is either reading the leak rate incorrectly, or there is a bad seal somewhere, or your mask vent or tube are leaking excessively. No way to know from here, but carefully look for anyplace that air is exiting the system, because the leak rate is almost twice the design vent rate for the mask. It will be interesting to see if a change of masks gives better results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was my first night getting almost a full night's sleep with the mask on, 7 hours 42~ minutes. I did feel pretty good when I woke up. Not like a million bucks, but definitely significantly better than my average waking state.

How does my chart look?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
bump (hope bumps are not against the rules)
Post Reply Post Reply
Your top Ipap is set at 14 you never get to 9 so set it at 9.  The Epr set to 1.  And your leak rate could improve.  I'm not sure of the mask you are using but that is probably what is causing it.  Try adjusting it while in the position you will be sleeping in and control as much of the leaking as possible.  The Centrals are something you cant stop with cpap (at least the one you own) but they go away after you become use to the machine in most cases. If sleeprider comes by listen to him he really knows what he is talking about.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Been awhile since I posted...how does my chart look? I noticed that the pressure gets close to 10 sometimes so I was thinking of bumping it to 12 and see if it ever gets up there.

I recently realized I was using the wrong size nose pillows. I think as a result, I wasn't getting enough air even when using the APAP and I would rip off the mask in my sleep. I moved up to medium sized nose pillows and managed to get through the full night and wake up with the mask still on Monday and Tuesday.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would turn off ram you don’t need it raise the max pressure to 20 you won’t needn’t and it won’t go there a small increase in the minimum pressure to 8 might reduce some of the obstructive events
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 395 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,319 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New user looking for input on data Jmack91 8 746 01-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Jmack91
  AHI higher than I remember - Need some input dk5jmiller 4 722 11-01-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: dk5jmiller
  Looking for input from more experienced users rdrivas 2 464 09-17-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: rdrivas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.