Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to board and recent addition of O2 to cpap and feel weird
RE: Recent oxygen addition to cpap and anxious
Oh yes very much improved on 1-2 liters. I just keep waking up more and dreaming more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not having a REM sleep night after night, can cause anxiety during the day because a person starved of deep sleep won't be able to concentrate. Lack of concentration and anxiety go hand in hand....THat said, you mention that you are dreaming (about Oxygen), so if that's the case, you must be getting some quality sleep.
I would talk to my doc if I were you about the Thyroid meds, as your recent use of Oxygen and noticing elevated anxiety can just be coincidental while the real culprit is the meds.
Post Reply Post Reply
So your saying oxygen won’t cause anxiety but being hypoxic could? I also recently lost 12 pounds. Working on losing 50 and hoping I can come off all of it and use a dental device. I think lately I have been anxious about having to use oxygen just because I am 43. I hope my dreaming will slow down. I have heard that when your properly oxygenated you dream more because of all the times before you missed out on so much rem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dreaming is a good thing. (unless they are not pleasant) but all in all if you get 20-30% of your time asleep, dreaming then you are getting a good deal out of your shuteye time.
According to research REM sleep is the time when our brain finally gets to purge, reorganize, compartmentalize and get refreshed.
Deep sleep prior and after each REM event will get your other parts in top shape. 
REM can happen in several 10-20 minute bursts through the night and that's a good thing too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya i am just having some vivid dreams that wake me up but today I feel amazing!! I could clean my whole house and feel like I could run a marathon. I used to be so tired I always felt like I had the flu or something. I felt dead.
Post Reply Post Reply
That fact that you feel good is what matters most. I think as you adapt to therapy and the use of oxygen, your anxiety level will drop.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's all that matter. Feeling good.
I went through the thread and it looks like the Oxygen did the trick. 
From your posts, it sounds like you also know the cause of your low O2 levels, which removes any cause for anxiety.
Good job and keep it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I hope it’s not just a coincidence. I felt like I was dying all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the post are about oxygen being added and I definitely agree you should but to low of Amin pressure could add to the problem. What are your high, min and EPR. OR better yet an OSCAR post
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2021, 12:59 PM)Mtngrace Wrote: Yes I hope it’s not just a coincidence. I felt like I was dying all the time.

I know the feeling. Have had it on a few occasions in the past when I was starved of REM sleep and low blood oxygen levels.
Last time it happened was when I was on a biz trip somewhere in Missouri with no machine and no  Oxygen. Thankfully I knew why it was happening and getting a machine was out of the question but I went online and ordered a few cans of pure O2 which I used regularly and that helped me go through the trip.
It IS a scary feeling though but if you know why it is happening, you can manage it, should it ever happen again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 5 160 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 437 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 471 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 977 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 403 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 267 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.