Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to board and recent addition of O2 to cpap and feel weird
RE: New to board and recent addition of O2 to cpap and feel weird
Hi Mtngrace, welcome to the forum where you will find information and help with your CPAP journey. Since I began CPAP 20 years ago I have had 2 LPM O2 constantly except I do not drag the concentrator into the hotel for a one night stopover. I also had no O2 for about a year a few years back due to an insurance dispute. During that period I did experience some issues due to lack of O2. If you haven’t done so already you should discuss your experience with your doctor ASAP. Wishing you the best, Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes a recording pulse oximeter like my Contec CMS50F or a Wellue ring would be an excellent idea. These can integrate data into OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mtngrace,
Your two threads have been merged as it is easier for those that are advising to see your history.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a wellue 02 ring but it’s causing me so much anxiety.
Post Reply Post Reply
From someone who has been on oxygen for years - I would have far far more anxiety knowing I had low oxygen and was doing nothing about it. Every organ in your body needs abundant oxygen! If you have 90% oxygen all of the time GREAT, if not take care of the problem before there are problems from low oxygen.

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/hypoxia-hypoxemia
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not trying to belittle the anxiety, but it's going to help you be healthier. I had to be on 2L/min on an ambulance ride in 2019 as I was being taken to the ER for what turned out to be pneumonia. I had to 2L/min for 24 or so hours then down to 1L/min for the following day.

I can't reiterate enough, if you're concerned call the doc and just ask about it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just happened to see this thread today. I use 2L of O2 at night and have almost since the beginning of my CPAP use. Thanks to a very smart and alert Doc who prescribed first CPAP in 2009. I live at 7,200 ft. At that altitude, my O2 sats drop into the 80's for most of the night. I seems to be completely altitude (and sleep) dependent. I am in the mid 90's when awake even at 7,200 ft or above. I am even fine at night if I am below 5,000 ft. I have been told that there is very little research on the impact of altitude on O2 saturation when sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s good to know. What is your age and are you overweight? I am 43 and overweight but recently lost some. I am working on it but I think even when I was thinner I had this issue. I have never felt good in higher altitude. I am at 6200. Are you in Colorado? I have been using 1 liter and it seems to help me stay above 93
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 6 173 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 440 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 472 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 188 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 981 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 403 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 267 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.