Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to board need help with machine
I have a ResMed S9 VPAP S with my IPAP set at 17 and my EPAP set at 8. I found an S9 VPAP Adapt to use as a travel machine, thinking I could just enter the clinical menu and enter IPAP and EPAP. I find that the entries in the VPAP Adapt clinical screens are completely different from the VPAP S. Can anyone tell me what I should set the Adapt to baesd on the above? I'm way over my head lol.
I can't but others here can for sure, hang in there.
Or, can I even use this vpap adapt as a backup to the vpap s? I've tried to research it but am lost. The product literature says it can be used for bipap (at least I think it does) but it talks about being for complex sleep apnea and central sa, etc. Don't know where to go from here :-(

the adapt uses automatic breath by breath pressure support changes to compensate for and even out central apneas. it's a much much more complicated machine in it's operation, even though it has fewer settings.

they're made to treat different types of apnea.
Thanks. I guess you're saying I can't use it for Bipap then? Darn!
Hi DaveC5065,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred

(03-16-2016, 08:26 PM)DaveC5065 Wrote: Thanks. I guess you're saying I can't use it for Bipap then? Darn!

perhaps you can find someone that needs an ASV but has a bilevel machine, and trade them Big Grin
I'd be happy to trade....
(03-17-2016, 05:28 AM)DaveC5065 Wrote: I'd be happy to trade....

Just a reminder of legalities and the rules here:

Quote:3. No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade, or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, humidifiers, masks or mask parts).

Apnea Board is based in the U.S. and must comply with U.S. regulations and laws regarding prescription-required items, regardless of where our members are physically located.

Thread closed for now. Feel free to start a new thread that does not discuss trading prescription-required items publicly.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 16 11,047 04-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Thumbsup [Admin Note] OpalRose is now an Apnea Board Moderator SuperSleeper 26 718 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: stanleydean
  [Equipment] Looking at S8 circuit board Sumwhatinterested 14 3,455 04-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Last Post: trek4ward
  Newbie to the Board ... New Machine (I hope) ... dosco 16 595 03-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: dosco
  New to Board not to Sleep Apnea Dr Bobs Patient 6 415 03-25-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DrmWEaver
  New to the board and using a cpap need suggestions bigpapa7272 23 739 02-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Melman
Idea [Admin Note] Apnea Board Handout Flyer SuperSleeper 23 9,598 02-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: storywizard