Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to board
New to board
Hello all! I am new to this board. I am not going to post much, just here to learn from others. I have been on CPAP for just over a year now and have had a really bad experience so far. Anyway, I have nothing positive about my experience, but I understand some people it is great, therefore I probably won't post much. I don't believe posting negativity on any board is useful, but maybe I can learn as a lurker.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to board
Hi larrydude! - Welcome

Why not try posting your bad experiences and see if our members can't help you. It doesn't cost anything to ask!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi larrydude, 

I can second CrisonNape’s reply. The collective expertise in this forum is mind staggering. Try posting about your negative experiences and include some data and I’m sure you’ll receive helpful advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another vote for posting about your negative experiences. You might get help with them, and you might also indirectly help other people with similar problems who can see what advice you got and what progress you made.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi larrydude,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Could you tell us which Airsense you are using, as your Profile doesn't tell us much.  

There are many cpaps in the AirSense line:
Airsense 10 Elite, AirSense 10 AutoSet, AirCurve 10 VAuto, ASV?

A year is way too long to put up with having a bad experience.  I see you are using MyAir.  That is fine, but will not give you any indication how you are really doing.  

We have one of the best tools available to track data and that is the OSCAR software.  Please download this software and get started.  If you are using a data capable Cpap, then all you need is a SD card in your machine.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Follow the instructions in the Organizing your chart link below, and post a couple nights sleep data by using the Attachment Feature.
We can guide you from there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post away! You might be surprised at what this forum can help you with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah go ahead and post your best shot at the negatives. Probably somebody will top your story as most negative and we all can cry a river. Then we'd need someone to build a bridge to cross it, but that's another story for another day. So go ahead and take a swing. Ya never know, maybe we can help fix it.

Welcome to the forum.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And upgrade your software to OSCAR. We can get you to a better place if you want to play along.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went last spring for my DOT physical. The doctor said I  am obese and most likely have apnea. Of course,  he had just the doctor for me to see.  He told me I am obese and most like have apnea. BTW,  I  am 5ft 8in and weigh 185 pounds,  not a very big guy, certainly not obese. Doctor gave me a home sleep study.   I  was diagnosed with apnea and given a cpap.  No training or anything.  I  did a follow up and and the response I  got was "interesting". All of this took place over the phone and 1 zoom meeting.  I never  met the doctor or had any support. I asked for months for a copy of the test results and I finally got them 8 months later and he had my height, weight and age wrong.  I am not convinced that it is my test results.  I take my mask off every night. It causes at lot of anxiety and I just this past few weeks have been able to sleep with it.  I  suspect my pressure is too high.  The fatigue is taking a toll, as it has caused me to go from sleeping well, to having a lot of stress and anxiety and discomfort causing sleep problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

Don't give up, when you have the correct settings and learn to use the unit correctly (humidifier in the late summer and early autumn for me) you will never sleep without it, as the quality and quantity of useful sleep you will get outweighs any discomfort or embarrassment with sleeping with a hoover.

I can only hope the more experienced users in here who know about the type of machine you have can give you some pointers in changing the settings to make your sleep experience more bearable.

Good luck and many blissfully nights ahead.

Big John 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 485 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,655 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 643 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,543 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,685 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 945 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.