Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to cpap
Gross 
New to cpap
New to the board..
My name Aarron

Only on CPAP machine for about 3 weeks.
Resmed airense 10 - full mask
13-15 air

So far my ahi is below 5... anywhere from 1-4
Before CPAP machine I was getting 94.3 central AHI a hour...

I guess my questions are should I be seeing a big improvement yet?  Today as I write this I am sort of tired.. but last night my results were showing 2.9 ahi
Also on the resmed machine I do have a sd slot that I added a card into.... what is the best software for me to use? does it automatically put the data on the sd card?  I dont see any card options in settings? I do need to get a sd reader for my computer... what is the best software to use?    

Just feeling this out this so far.... I have felt a little improvement in energy but I guess not a ton...... thanks

i
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to cpap
Hi aeilers! - Welcome

Download a copy of #SleepyHead.  It's free and provides a wealth of information about your treatment.  Also use the links at the bottom of this post to learn how to install it and interpret the data it will display.

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second that you need to download and set up sleepyhead. Not sure how that machine is curbing CA's as it is not designed to do that. That said, your AHI sounds pretty good. I know in my case,  felt better from day 1 on, if only a small amount. I quickly noticed feeling less sleepy. But I was so damned groggy it took little to feel less sleepy. Then as time went by, I would notice things that were better every so often. Now, just under two months into my therapy, I really feel great. Better than I every have as an adult, and I am 60 Y/O. Yes, it's that big of a difference. 

Good luck, and let's see those sleepyheads charts soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
order'd a usb reader for the sd card today... soon I will post some results
Post Reply Post Reply
Your OP is a bit confusing so can you copy and post your sleep study results. Your reference to Central and a CPAP machine do not make sense. (94.3 central AHI)
And what is the text on the front of your cpap machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
results from sleep study                               
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are the summary of your titration report, no mention of Centrals at all. IS the information from your 1st sleep study available?
Post Reply Post Reply
The more valuable part of the study would be where the events are broken down by type, sleep position, sleep stage and pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aeilers,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I got a SD card and converter for the computer... my question is when I put the SD card in the Air Sense 10. do I have to go to a option somewhere to upload the data to the card? or does it upload it automatically?  Trying to get info from airsense 10 to the computer for sleepy head.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.