Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to cpap
RE: New to cpap
It will do it automatically.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
which screen in sleepy head is good to share here to let others take a look ?  over view?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Daily view is the best. Please review the links I have listed below before posting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, one newbie to another !
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all !

It's been just short of a month, but I can't see any difference, the excessive daytime sleepiness persists, may even be worse.

Resmed airsense 10 & Resmed Airfit F20 mask

Lowest sleep score so far was 90, a rare night waking up at 3 a.m. was the reason, there have been no air leaks and my apnea episodes dropped from 34 per hour to 3 per hour on average, I've been sleeping without Ambien for over 9 hours a night, sounds great right ? The daytime sleepiness has been depressing it's like going backwards, maybe I need more time since it's been just short of a month ?

I used a Resmed SD card and the Sleepyhead software for Windows for the first time, I'm thoroughly confused ... according to the data there have been NO apnea episodes recorded, yet my daily report sent to my laptop via WIFI says something different, that there have been on-average 3 episodes per hour, ????

Any ideas why the big difference? Maybe I didn't have sleep apnea after all ?

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
you need more time
it can take 3-12 months for the white brain matter to heal
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25142557
RESULTS:
Results in pre-treatment OSA patients showed impairments in most cognitive areas, mood and sleepiness that were associated with diffuse reduction of WM fiber integrity reflected by diminished fractional anisotropy (FA) and mean diffusivity (MD) in multiple brain areas. After 3 months of CPAP, only limited changes of WM were found. However, over the course of 12 months CPAP treatment, an almost complete reversal of WM abnormalities in all the affected regions was observed in patients who were compliant with treatment. Significant improvements involving memory, attention, and executive-functioning paralleled WM changes after treatment.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
"you need more time

it can take 3-12 months for the white brain matter to heal"

This makes perfect sense, I had a brain MRI a few months ago, the results: "diffuse cerebral atrophy".

The loss of neurons is a normal part of the aging process, but the neurologist said what he can see from my images appears to be "more than that" ( his words ), no signs of Alzheimer's or dementia thankfully, but there are cognitive changes, again beyond what the doctor would expect for someone my age ( 65 ).

My sleep study occurred months after the MRI was taken, I had no idea I had sleep apnea before that, had the neurologist known about the sleep apnea I can only wonder what he might have told me ?

Time heals all wounds ?

Much appreciate your feedback !
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2017, 09:22 PM)ajack Wrote: you need more time
RESULTS:
Results in pre-treatment OSA patients showed impairments in most cognitive areas, mood and sleepiness that were associated with diffuse reduction of WM fiber integrity reflected by diminished fractional anisotropy (FA) and mean diffusivity (MD) in multiple brain areas. After 3 months of CPAP, only limited changes of WM were found. However, over the course of 12 months CPAP treatment, an almost complete reversal of WM abnormalities in all the affected regions was observed in patients who were compliant with treatment. Significant improvements involving memory, attention, and executive-functioning paralleled WM changes after treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack:

I will give the Cpap treatment the full 3 months of the evaluation period under Medicare guidelines.

The other concern I'm having is the discrepancy between reports/data ... my machine sends a daily sleep report to my computer using WIFI, THAT report says that I'm having approx 3 apnea episodes per hour, each night so far ... the Sleepyhead data loaded from my SD card says there have been NONE, ZERO apnea episodes over the 3 weeks I've been using the machine, that doesn't seem right, one report is wrong, how to find which one?

My sleep study indicated 34 episodes per hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2017, 09:22 PM)ajack Wrote: you need more time
RESULTS:

Great article thanks ajack!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.