Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to cpap
RE: New to cpap
Welcome! I'm new as well and there is a WHOLE lot of information here to digest. Thankfully everyone is very helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2017, 01:10 PM)Raggaemon Wrote: ajack:

I will give the Cpap treatment the full 3 months of the evaluation period under Medicare guidelines.

The other concern I'm having is the discrepancy between reports/data ... my machine sends a daily sleep report to my computer using WIFI, THAT report says that I'm having approx 3 apnea episodes per hour, each night so far ... the Sleepyhead data loaded from my SD card says there have been NONE, ZERO apnea episodes over the 3 weeks I've been using the machine, that doesn't seem right, one report is wrong, how to find which one?

My sleep study indicated 34 episodes per hour.

Be sure that in the Clinical Menu, the options for Essentials is set to PLUS (not just on).  This will allow efficacy data to be displayed in the Sleep Report on the machine display.  If the events there are not similar or the same as Sleepyhead, there is a problem.  Sometimes power-cycleing the machine fixes this problem, and events will properly display.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heres some sleepy head results!
First try with the sleepy head

http://imgur.com/Od0s9Cj
Post Reply Post Reply
The graph is excellent, and in terms of AHI, there are not any problems indicated here. Even your tidal volume and other metrics are very good. The only possible concern is a relatively high flow limitation. Normally we would not do anything to "treat" that unless there are other consequent problems. If this was my chart, I would increase minimum and maximum pressure by 1 cm each, and also increase EPR from 2 to 3. That would be entirely to address FL, and if that caused an increase in AHI or decrease in comfort, I'd head right back to where you are at right now. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool, Yes I do have a call into my primary doc because when I did talk to my resp doc he said  was maxing out at 15?
That was a 2 fridays ago, they havent gotten back to me...  IM assuming this is what you were referring to.   I didnt know how high they were going to move it.

What does EPR do again?

I also noticed that Sleepy head only did my my results for the day I posted previous days say Summary Only Sad

Did I do something wrong ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 10:08 AM)aeilers Wrote: What does EPR do again?

EPR: Exhale Pressure Relief - The setting is 1 - 3 and represents the amount in pressure reduction measured in cm H2O.  However the minimum the pressure will be reduced is down to 4cm H2O.  If you have your machine set at 6cm and an EPR of 3, it will only go to 4cm and not 3cm.

Here is the Wiki link for a Glossary of terms and Acronyms:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=Wiki_Home

(05-15-2017, 10:08 AM)aeilers Wrote: I also noticed that Sleepy head only did my my results for the day I posted previous days say Summary Only Sad

This usually occurs if you didn't have the SD card inserted in the CPAP or it was set to Write-Protect during the Sleep session.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 10:08 AM)aeilers Wrote: Cool, Yes I do have a call into my primary doc because when I did talk to my resp doc he said  was maxing out at 15?
That was a 2 fridays ago, they havent gotten back to me...  IM assuming this is what you were referring to.   I didnt know how high they were going to move it.

What does EPR do again?

I also noticed that Sleepy head only did my my results for the day I posted previous days say Summary Only Sad

See my response in the new thread you started.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 10:08 AM)aeilers Wrote: Cool, Yes I do have a call into my primary doc because when I did talk to my resp doc he said  was maxing out at 15?

What does EPR do again?

I also noticed that Sleepy head only did my my results for the day I posted previous days say Summary Only Sadhttp://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

First, it's clear you are near the top of your CPAP pressure range.  What is interesting about your Resmed Autoset is that with EPR it is actually a bilevel (BiPAP) machine. Standard titration protocols treat flow limitation and hypopnea with "pressure support" (PS).  Pressure support is the same as EPR, provided you also increase minimum pressure.  So, my suggestion does not change your current pressure, unless you reach the new maximum (IPAP) pressure.

At a CPAP range of 13-15 with EPR 2, your actual pressure in bilevel notation (IPAP/EPAP) is 13/11 to 15/13. My suggestion changes that to 14/11 to 16/13. Not much change, but in theory should help with the flow limitation.

That's probably a bit technical, but that's the basis of my suggestion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2017, 08:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

What does EPR do again?

I also noticed that Sleepy head only did my my results for the day I posted previous days say Summary Only Sadhttp://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

First, it's clear you are near the top of your CPAP pressure range.  What is interesting about your Resmed Autoset is that with EPR it is actually a bilevel (BiPAP) machine. Standard titration protocols treat flow limitation and hypopnea with "pressure support" (PS).  Pressure support is the same as EPR, provided you also increase minimum pressure.  So, my suggestion does not change your current pressure, unless you reach the new maximum (IPAP) pressure.

At a CPAP range of 13-15 with EPR 2, your actual pressure in bilevel notation (IPAP/EPAP) is 13/11 to 15/13.  My suggestion changes that to 14/11 to 16/13.  Not much change, but in theory should help with the flow limitation.

That's probably a bit technical, but that's the basis of my suggestion.

I did change my epr to 3 last night..... my numbers jumped     13.9 events per hour
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you get your SD card, please post your Sleepyhead data so that we can see what is going on/what happened. See my signature line below on how to arrange your data.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.