Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to cpap - Oscar data. Any changes?
RE: New to cpap - Oscar data. Any changes?
Doc said my nasal cavity was too dry and up humidifier. Good idea? Was my ent
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you'd do better with Flonase or generic fluticasone propionate. I think increase minimum pressure by 1-cm to 9.0, and watch out for positional issues suggested by the cluster of OA at 01:45. An afternoon nap is nice, but it means your nights sleep was only 6.5-hours. Watch your sleep hygiene.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Afternoon! So I've been steady with the cpap. I feel like I'm worse with it on than with it off. Almost like I need more oxygen. I'm now unconsciously removing the mask in the middle of the night. I don't even remember it. Any changes I need to make to the cpap machine? I have latest apple watch as well that I could start wearing for oxygen levels? Can that data be imported?

[attachment=53252]
[attachment=53253]
Post Reply Post Reply
I upped the min pressure to 10. That seemed to help a bit. Belly fills up with air sometimes but it did that with the other settings too. Anything I should change?

[attachment=53319]
[attachment=53320]
[attachment=53321]
Post Reply Post Reply
Increased pressure did not result in any improvement from when the starting pressure was 9.0. How about setting minimum 9.0, maximum 10.0 and EPR 3. Should help with aerophagia. If you don't feel you get enough air, you need to increase the size of nasal pillows for more flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Afternoon,

Been a hot minute since I posted but I had surgery to reduce turbinates, maxillary antrostomy and septoplasty on both sides to help breath out of my nose better. I couldn't wear it for 3 weeks but was able to start then. I did change the size of the nose thing to the largest and reduce the flow to 6 - 9. See the screen shots attached. Anything I should change?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If that was my chart I would try pressure at 7-11. You need more on the top end if you can tolerate it, and you don't have leaking problems so you probably will you had concerns about aerophagia previously so you might try only going up to 7-10. EPR set to 3 will subtract from your pressure but never go below 4, so a minimum of 7 will give you the full benefit of that feature all night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 174 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,143 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 269 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 156 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 155 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 588 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 187 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.