Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travelling & how to position the CPAP to avoid tank spills
Travelling & how to position the CPAP to avoid tank spills
Hello gang, I've been travelling recently and ended up in a house with a bed that's very high off the floor. The first night I stayed here, I didn't think of it, and woke up with the cpap tipped up against the bed. Fortunately, there was no spillage or water in the hose (it tipped up in the opposite direction).

Second night, I left it half full which is generally enough for one night for me, and put it on top of a pair of shorts adjusted so it would be less likely to tip up. That seems to have worked.

Any tips on how to position the machine in the future so there is no danger of a humidifier spill?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travelling & how to position the CPAP to avoid tank spills
If the shorts worked that could be a short term fix. As far as a long term fix, maybe a Velcro strip that is easily removable when you leave?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use velcro straps with alligator clips that are available from almost all of the online cpap equipment providers listed in the provider area. You wrap the velcro around the hose giving enough slack for your machine and then just clip the hose to bed sheet so that when you roll over or pull the hose it won't disturb the machine. They are light, easy to pack and amazingly effective. I toss and turn a lot and I use this with my little Z1 machine when traveling, if I didn't use the clips I would pull the little Z1 off the bedside table very easily because it's so light weight.

[Image: hose_keep.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, very smart, I have never seen those before. I'll order some when I get back, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 208 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 402 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Idea [Treatment] POSAS (Position dependant OSAS) A KLERK 6 1,581 02-03-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  A slightly different way to avoid chin tucking Deborah K. 4 999 12-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do apneas also occur in the prone and lateral position? selfhelpdevice 7 567 12-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Friedman Tongue Position Cantbreath95 2 1,246 12-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: selfhelpdevice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.